Ramona is a Partner in Mishcon Private and is the Head of the Reputation Protection Group. Ramona acts for high net worth clients and their businesses in times of crisis. She is a specialist commercial litigator and is regularly called upon to advise on an urgent basis in matters involving breach of privacy or threatened publication of defamatory allegations.
Ramona regularly advises members of leading Royal families and multi-jurisdictional corporates, high-profile international individuals and family offices. The advice focusses on dispute resolution, using the most commercially effective means to achieve swift results with minimum fuss. Much of her work is international.
Ramona has extensive experience of advising organisations on how to protect themselves from internal and external bribery and corruption risks. She also assists them to devise strategies to minimise reputational exposure when such risks materialise. She is known for deftly handling the most sensitive of matters.
Ramona works with clients and their advisors to obtain time efficient and cost effective solutions in the most complex disputes.
Legal 500 has highlighted Ramona's "strong and decisive" approach. Chambers and Partners ranks her as a "key individual" for Defamation/Reputation Management. Peers note that "she's very perspicacious, she has a very calm manner, but she can most certainly be tough." Clients are especially keen to highlight "her excellent judgement." and, "her creative and results-focused approach".
Ramona is Chair of Mishcon de Reya's Diversity and Inclusion committee, and was included in the 2015 Citywealth Leaders List.
- Advising a multinational conglomerate on a strategic legal response to defamatory and false allegations which had been made by an NGO.
- Acting for a world renowned sports person to quash the circulation of false and defamatory rumours which would, if published, have had a negative impact on their brand.
- Representing a parent member of a Royal family on complex issues.
- Advising high net worth individuals on the structure and subsequent retention of investments in Africa.
- Advising a number of English football clubs in relation to reputational issues.
- Advising ask.fm on various matters
- Ramona was also part of the team that secured the longest apology broadcasted by the BBC (and substantial damages) in response to unfounded accusations against Oryx Natural Resources of connections to terrorism.
Awards and Accolades
Shortlisted in 2010 for Professional of The Year by Asian Women of Achievement Awards (AWA).
Partner Mishcon de Reya LLP
Articled Mishcon de Reya
LLB University College of London, Law and French Law