Oli is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution department. He specialises in complex, multi-jurisdictional and high value commercial disputes with a focus on fraud and breach of contract.
Oli's clients include high net-worth/high-profile individuals; governmental bodies; engineering and energy companies; and LSE/AIM listed companies.
Oli has particular experience in acting for clients involved in share/partnership disputes, fraudulent investment schemes and fraudulent diversions. Cases Oli has worked on include claims relating to unlawful dividend payments, conspiracy, breach of fiduciary duty and/or trust, dishonest assistance, knowing receipt and breach of confidence. He is accustomed to applying for and obtaining injunctive relief in order to secure assets for his clients' claims.
Oli has achieved landmark decisions in two separate areas of law and recently acted on one of the largest claims brought before the English Commercial Court.
Oli is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers' Association.
- Acting for an ultra-high net worth individual in multi-jurisdictional, multi-discipline proceedings, involving the ownership of shares in one of the world's largest construction companies.
- Acting for a high-profile individual against a well-known celebrity in a multi-jurisdictional partnership dispute, widely reported in the UK and international press.
- Acting for a well-known data and analytics company against its former CEO in relation to allegations of fraud.
- Acting for a major US paper company in a $1bn multi-party English Commercial Court contract dispute relating to pollution in a major river, involving English, New York and Delaware law, a related New York Arbitration, and separate dividend recovery proceedings.
- Acting for an energy projects company in multi-jurisdictional, multi-discipline proceedings (litigations in Australia, The Bahamas, BVI, England, Colorado and Switzerland and an arbitration in London) relating to a share dispute involving breach of duty, conspiracy, fraud and negligence.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in Chancery litigation relating to one of the world's largest fraudulent investment schemes, involving a South African Pharmaceuticals company.
- Acting for a UK Government Trust in asset-tracing actions through Hong Kong, Ghana and Dubai, following a fraudulent diversion of assets.
- Acting for a global bank in relation to a $400m claim for breach of contract and confidence, involving anti-money laundering legislation, the Serious Fraud Office and the National Bank of Zimbabwe.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, DLA Piper UK LLP
Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper UK LLP
The College of Law, Legal Practice Course
University of Sussex, Law LLB (2005 OUP Law Student of the Year)