Margarita is a Consultant in the Firm's Employment Department. She advises employers and employees on both contentious and non-contentious matters, including discrimination, executive terminations, unfair dismissal, restrictive covenants, bonus disputes, redundancies, and disciplinary, capability and grievance issues.
Margarita has particular experience handling complex multi-jurisdictional projects, large scale redundancies and reorganisations, employee consultation, TUPE and outsourcing, employment aspects of corporate transactions and employment aspects of data protection.
Her clients are drawn from a range of industries, including financial services, energy and utilities, technology and manufacturing.
Margarita is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and the European Employment Lawyers Association.
- Day-to-day advice to domestic and international clients (e.g. HR Software, magazine publishers, international headhunters, a multinational electronics conglomerate) on contentious and non-contentious employment matters (including discrimination and unfair dismissal employment tribunal proceedings, restrictive covenant disputes, bonus disputes, disciplinary, capability and grievance issues, performance improvement plans, absence management, redundancies and Executive terminations).
- Advising a multinational electronics conglomerate on the implications and mechanics of implementing an employee monitoring programme.
- Advising on the employment aspects of a £185 million acquisition of a luxury goods retailer and dealing with subsequent director terminations.
- Advising on the closure of a final salary pension scheme for a well-known legal publisher.
- Advising a large energy supplier and its various subsidiaries on the employment aspects of a number of its business disposals, acquisitions and outsourcings; including a tender for a 10 Year £1 billion asset management outsourcing deal involving TUPE transfers, large scale collective consultation, industrial relations issues, and Beckman rights;
- Legal and strategic advice on a phased closure of a manufacturing plant and consequential redundancy programme, including strategic advice on off-shoring and TUPE implications; continued retention and redeployment; data protection and publicity issues arising from the closure.
- Advising the Board of a quoted Norwegian conglomerate (and its Swedish subsidiary) on the complex and multi-jurisdictional employment issues arising out of the creation of a new joint venture which combined its activities across Europe and North America with those of a US multinational. The transaction involved multiple TUPE transfers and consultations and a series of secondment arrangements.
Articles and Publications
The employment chapters in “Tolley’s Practical Guide to Directors’ Remuneration 2003
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Dundas & Wilson LLP
Associate, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP (previously Stringer Saul LLP)
Solicitor, Colman Coyle LLP
City University (Business Law LLB (Honours))