Justine is a Partner in the Real Estate department.
She is part of the firm's Construction Group, working on non-contentious matters. She has experience across a variety of sectors within the industry and typically acts for developers, property owners and funders with a particular focus on large-scale developments and commercial real estate. Justine's clients include Brookfield, Brookfield's Student Roost, Capital and Counties Properties plc, Almacantar, AEW, PGIM, Seaforth, WPP and Ocubis. Justine's role is focused on the preparation and negotiation of construction related documentation and she also works closely with the Real Estate, Corporate and Finance departments on the construction aspects of complex development work and high-value investment sales, acquisitions and property financings.
Legal 500 identifies Justine as a 'Recommended lawyer' and the Legal 500 2021 sources describe Justine as ‘technically very competent’. Additionally, Justine is ranked in Chambers & Partners, who recognise her as "A leader in her field". Chambers 2021 sources note that she is "a technically strong lawyer who really fights your corner" and who "provides clear, reasoned advice and identifies the best route to resolving the issue at hand."
- Brookfield on the development of 1 Leadenhall Court, 1 Leadenhall Street
- Brookfield on the construction aspects of several forward funding student accommodation developments and the acquisition of two large student accommodation portfolios across the United Kingdom, including the £60m Enigma portfolio from Curlew Student Trust
- Capital & Counties Properties plc (Capco) on its Covent Garden portfolio
- The Office Group in relation to its model form construction documents, redevelopment of York House, London and the construction aspects of its agreements for lease at Wood Wharf, the Vinopolis site, Orion House and 1 Canada Square.
- Almacantar on the redevelopment of Marble Arch Tower, London and the construction aspects of its letting of 125 Shaftesbury Avenue
- The Hope Lease Limited on the redevelopment of the KOKO music venue and the Hope & Anchor pub in Camden
- Accor in relation to its model form construction documents
- WPP on the construction aspects of their global portfolio of UK and European development projects
- PGIM Real Estate Finance on the construction aspects of two financings for a Korean pension fund to assist in the acquisition of high value Bristol properties
- Anschutz Sports Holdings on the design and construction of a multi-events sports and entertainment facility within the existing Millennium Dome Structure and the design and construction of various mixed used leisure facilities
- Hines UK Limited on the construction aspects of the £85 million acquisition of the Royal Exchange Manchester
- Hines UK Limited on the development and financing of student housing schemes at six separate sites throughout the UK
- Heleba Landesbank on the construction aspects of its financing of Greengate Embankment, Manchester
- Standard Life on the construction aspects of the sale of 10 Gresham Street to Union Investments for £141.5 million, the sale of 1 Old Jewry to German Investment Fund Deka for £79.5 million, and the sale of 920,000 sq ft pre-let subsequent forward purchase of new distribution warehouse for Morrisons at G. Park Sittingbourne
- Standard Life on the construction aspects of the forward funding/acquisition of John Lewis Partnership distribution warehouse at Magna Park
- Carlyle on a retail and office development at 107 Cheapside, EC2 with associated demolition and enabling works
- Deutsche Bank on the construction aspects of various financings including, the development of infrastructure at Milton Park Science and Business Park, Oxfordshire and works at the Mander Centre, Wolverhampton
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Trainee, Mayer Brown International LLP
Leicester University, LLB
Nottingham Law School, LPC