Freyda is a Forensic Accountant in the MDR Cyber team with nearly 10 years' experience in both dispute resolution and investigations.
She focuses on providing forensic accounting support on engagements and works closely with legal colleagues across Mishcon de Reya across various matters such as fraud investigations, dispute resolution, reputation and private clients.
Freyda has a wide range of forensic accounting experience, including preparation of expert reports, quantifying losses in business interruption claims, reviews of financial statements for fraudulent activity and tracing the flow of funds in investigations. Prior to qualifying, Freyda worked in restructuring and has experience in investigating insolvent companies.
Freyda is a qualified accountant and fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
- Billion-dollar share dispute over a Russian natural resources company. Investigation into the ownership of the company and production of an expert report.
- Investigation into alleged bribes totalling USD60m. Tracing the funds through over 100 bank accounts to determine their ultimate use.
- Assessing a £12m Compulsory Purchase Order claim for business interruption. Determining the total loss of profits as a result of the Order.
- Dispute over the value of a partnership when assessing the amount to be paid to a retiring partner. Valuation of the partnership for various scenarios.
- Misfeasance claim against the directors of a collapsed Russian bank. Review of transactions totalling USD1bn, which were alleged to have personally benefited the defendants, and production of an expert report.
- Freyda has also been seconded to the Serious Fraud Office and Financial Conduct Authority
Forensic Accountant, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Honeycomb/Crowe Clark Whitehill
Senior Administrator, Begbies Traynor
Administrator, Fisher Partners