Emily is a litigator in Mishcon Private. She advises companies, individuals, families and not for profit organisations across a wide range of complex commercial disputes and in a variety of forums, often acting for international clients in multi-faceted disputes. In particular she has experience in breaches of contract, confidence and fiduciary duty and multi-jurisdictional shareholder disputes.
Emily also advises on defamation (in both print and electronic media), data protection, breach of privacy and internet-related issues and provides both pre and post-publication advice to both claimants and defendants. She often advises in times of crisis and in the context of wider disputes.
Emily previously worked in politics in both the UK and US and continues to take an active interest in political affairs. During her training contract with Mishcon de Reya, she was seconded to David Miliband's campaign for leadership of the Labour party in 2010, where she advised on the campaign's set up, contracts and employment affairs, as well as its reporting and compliance obligations for donations.
Emily is a trustee of the Book Bus Foundation, a charity that is working to improve child literacy rates in Africa, Asia and South America by providing children with books and the inspiration and skills to read them.
- Emily advised a multinational company in relation to a dispute with a former advisor concerning breach of confidence, breach of contract, defamation and conflicts of interest. The claim settled early on in proceedings and on favourable terms to the client.
- Emily represented an international mining company in relation to multiple cross jurisdictional disputes involving the expropriation of its assets, including advising in relation to arbitration and judicial review proceedings.
- Emily advised a company shareholder and chairman in relation to a claim brought against him by a former shareholder and business partner. The complex claim, which involved Cypriot, Russian and English law elements, included claims for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Emily represented a high profile politician in defending a defamation claim.
- Emily advised a large private company in relation to a defamatory campaign launched against it from India.
- Emily advised an private individual in relation to complex privacy and blackmail issues.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
BPP Law School
Durham University, Politics and History BA (Hons)