Elizabeth is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution department, specialising in civil fraud and commercial litigation. She has acted in a number of commercial disputes involving dishonesty and fraud issues and is experienced in obtaining freezing orders, search orders, delivery-up orders and third party disclosure orders.
She has also acted in a variety of cases involving insolvency matters and breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties and professional negligence claims. Her cases often involve parties from and issues relating to foreign jurisdictions.
Elizabeth is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association (YFLA).
- Advising a multi-national technology giant on their international litigation strategy to ensure that their products are being used lawfully.
- Acting for a multi-national company in obtaining freezing orders against a UK company and its sole director in support of foreign arbitration proceedings.
- Acting on cases where third party disclosure orders have been obtained against major banks.
- Acting for a liquidator to bring various applications to recover monies that were the subject of transactions at an undervalue.
- Advising a merchant bank in respect of a former senior director's breach of contract and fiduciary duties.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in relation to information requests under the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Articles & Publications
The View from the Bench Part 1 - New Law Journal
The View from the Bench Part 2 - New Law Journal
Elizabeth Metliss considers the judical view of law firms - New Law Journal
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
University of Nottingham, History and Politics