Celia is an Associate in the White Collar Crime & Investigations Group, with experience of acting for individuals and corporates in relation to criminal and regulatory investigations and prosecutions.
In recent years Celia has acted for individuals and corporates under investigation by the SFO, NCA, FCA, ICO and Metropolitan Police. She has experience in a wide range of domestic and international white collar matters, including corruption, fraud, false accounting, money laundering and insider trading. She has substantial experience dealing with cross-jurisdictional cases, including representing clients in interviews with the US Department of Justice. Celia has also assisted corporates in conducting internal investigations, including interviewing employees, reviewing corporate policies and procedures and advising on self-reporting to the relevant authorities.
Celia has successfully challenged the publication of INTERPOL Red Notices on behalf of her clients and advised in relation to extradition and mutual legal assistance requests.
Celia is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association and the Female Fraud Forum.
- Acting for a former senior executive facing prosecution in Brazil and the United States, in connection with a global bribery scheme, including advising on a US plea agreement and extradition risk.
- Advising in relation to two Account Freezing Orders obtained by the NCA and defending subsequent forfeiture proceedings.
- Defending a former senior executive of a UK Plc in relation to fraud and false accounting charges brought by the SFO.
- Conducting an internal investigation on behalf of a multinational corporation in relation to suspected bribe payments, including advising on money laundering risk, corporate self-reporting and remedial action.
- Advising witnesses interviewed by the SFO in connection with an investigation into corruption in the Middle East.
- Acting for a member of the House of Lords in relation to an investigation by the Commissioner for Standards and a subsequent appeal to the Committee for Conduct and Privileges.
- Advising a senior executive interviewed by the US Department of Justice in relation to suspected breaches of the Sherman Act.
- Representing several high-profile Russian businessmen in respect of politically motivated requests for INTERPOL Red Notices.
- Advising an Irish national in relation to an FCA investigation into alleged insider dealing and market abuse.
- Defending a senior member of the editorial team of the Sun newspaper in relation to allegations of conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP
Articles and Publications
- "Strengthening Investigative Powers: The Criminal Finances Act 2017" The Law Society Gazette
- "Reviewing the law on sexual history evidence", Solicitors Journal
- "Consideration of unduly lenient sentences", Solicitors Journal