Cassandra is a Partner in the Intellectual Property Disputes Group in the Innovation department. Cassandra heads up Mishcon de Reya's IP Enforcement Group.
She specialises in the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including: trademarks; passing off; design rights; copyright; confidential information; and patent disputes. She also advises on cases that deal with economic torts, complex contractual and/or fraud aspects. Cassandra has an extensive practice acting in anti-counterfeiting, unauthorised parallel imports and anti-piracy matters. She utilises a blend of civil and criminal enforcement to achieve success for her clients.
Cassandra has significant experience in obtaining injunctive enforcement relief, particularly in the technology and gaming sectors. She has obtained numerous search and freezing orders, computer imaging orders, third party disclosure orders and online blocking injunctions.
She acts for a wide range of high-profile clients, including those in the IT, pharmaceutical, life sciences, luxury goods, health and clothing industries where she advises on all aspects of brand protection and enforcement, including providing strategic advice.
Cassandra is a "recommended individual" in the 2023 World Trademark Review 1000 and is described in the Legal 500 client testimonial as "approachable and knows her stuff". Cassandra is ranked as a Rising Star for Legal 500 in IP, and as a Rising Star by IP Stars. She is a member of IP Inclusive: Women in IP, London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA) and the Fraud Women's Network.
- Acting for worldwide gaming company to obtain blocking injunctions to prevent circumvention of the company's technological protection measures.
- Acting for a multi-national company to combat its unauthorised parallel imports network.
- Acting for large pharmaceutical companies in relation to counterfeit medicines.
- Acting for a global plant genetics company in relation to invalidation of competitor patents.
- Acting for an independent fabric design house in relation to protection of their copyright and designs.
- Acting for a spin out company in relation to the licensing of its intellectual property rights.
- Acting for a global bank in relation to its brand launch.
- Acting for a technology company in relation to a fraud relating to their global distribution network.
- Advising in relation to confidential information and patent dispute regarding chemistry behind drug detector tests for beverages.
- Acting for numerous fashion brands in relation to the protection and enforcement of their trade mark and design right portfolios and online presence.
- Advising on the recovery of domain names through both WIPO and Nominet and removing company names which infringe trade marks.
- Advising numerous clients on Customs measures and Customs detentions and working with Trading Standards and Law Enforcement.
- Obtaining and executing search orders, freezing orders and third party disclosure orders in relation to trade mark infringement.
- Acting for a global IT company in relation to commercial and licensing IT disputes.
- Acting for a global personal healthcare, beauty and fitness company in relation to a breach of an exclusive distribution agreement.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Oxford University
LPC, College of Law
Law LLB, University of Leeds