Angelene has acted for international banks, financial institutions and corporate borrowers in a wide range of cross-border financing transactions, including ship and aircraft financings, acquisition and share-backed financings and debt restructurings.
She is based in Singapore.
- Advised PT Bumi Resources Tbk., one of the largest coal exporters in the world in its successful US$4.5 billion debt restructuring. The matter included a PKPU court supervised restructuring in Indonesia and Chapter 15 recognition in the United States, culminating in the exchange of US$4.5 billion of international loans and bonds for new senior loans and bonds, mandatory convertible bonds and contingent value rights as well as new equity. This was one of the largest and most complex debt restructurings ever completed in SE Asia and was awarded "Finance Deal of the Year: Insolvency and Restructuring" at Asian Lawyer’s Asia Legal Awards 2018, "Debt Market Deal of the Year (Premium)" at the 2018 ALB SE Asian Law Awards.
- Advised PT Visi Media Asia Tbk., a listed company in Indonesia that owns television stations ANTV and tvOne, on the restructuring of its loan.
- Advised Long Haul Holdings Ltd. and PT Bakrie & Brothers Tbk (Bakrie Group) in the acquisition of a 29.2% interest in PT Bumi Resources Tbk from Asia Resource Minerals plc (formerly Bumi plc) (ARMS) for US$501 million in cash, and the disposal of the Bakrie Group’s entire 23.8% indirect interest in ARMS to Ravenwood Acquisition Company Limited.
- Advised CDB Leasing Co., Ltd in a US$358.6 million sale and leaseback transaction of a portfolio of containers, arranged and financed by DVB Bank and China Development Bank.
- Advised Avolon in the financing and leasing of the first of six Boeing 737-800 aircraft, which was leased to Lion Air and sub-leased to Malindo Air.
- Advised PT Bumi Resources Minerals Tbk on the sale of its 24% stake in PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara to an Indonesian investor group led by PT Amman Mineral Internasional and Medco Energi for US$400 million. The sale was done concurrently with the sale by the majority shareholder, a joint venture company formed between the US’ Newmont and Japan’s Sumitomo Corporation, to the buyer group.
Advised a subsidiary of a public Indonesian company, on its acquisition of a 100% stake in a Singapore SPV (the target company) from a sovereign wealth fund that runs, through its Indonesian subsidiary, two data centres in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Senior Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Withers KhattarWong LLP
Associate, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
Associate, Allen & Gledhill LLP
National University of Singapore, LLB