Corporate acquisitions frequently need to be completed on tight timetables utilising carefully structured secured debt finance. A successful transaction requires experienced lawyers able to drive forward the finance components of the transaction proactively and at speed to ensure a timely closing. This demands technical knowledge combined with commercial awareness and confidence. It also requires careful familiarisation with the target's business, the intended evolution and development of that business and any investment exit strategy.
The team is able to advise on and negotiate the full range of banking facilities employed in connection with corporate acquisitions, including senior and mezzanine debt packages, asset-based lending solutions, factoring and receivables financing, debt securities issues and hedging arrangements. We have experience of dealing with refinancings, restructurings, work-outs, insolvency procedures and banking disputes. Our expertise extends to cross-border transactions: we work closely with carefully selected specialist legal counsel in other jurisdictions.
We believe that a detailed understanding of the commercial objectives and needs of both the lender and the borrower in an acquisition finance transaction is essential to achieving the right outcome. Our approach is well-informed and analytical, but with a careful awareness of our clients' priorities and the need to deliver results in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Senior and mezzanine debt financings (syndicated and bilateral)
- Asset-based lending, receivables financings and factoring arrangements
- Debt securities
- Security and inter-creditor arrangements
- Refinancings and restructurings
- Work-outs and insolvency procedures
- Banking disputes
- Cross-border transactions
- Advising Privet Capital LLP on the acquisitions of Thermal Engineering plc and Polestar Foods Limited, in both cases including all debt financing aspects.
- Advising Almacantar on the share purchase of a major real estate asset company.
- Advising Alchemy Partners on the debt finance aspects on the acquisition of a portfolio of pubs from the Spirit Group.