Tom is a Partner in our commercial litigation with significant experience of high value, multi-jurisdictional, complex commercial disputes across a broad range of sectors, including banking & finance, oil & gas, telecoms, media and technology and sport.
His practice encompasses both claimant and defendant work, and primarily involves breach of contract, negligence, fraud and/or breach of fiduciary duty claims. Tom sits in our Commercial Litigation team, part of the wider Dispute Resolution department.
- Acted for Standard & Poor's against 19 banks and other institutional investors in a claim against the rating agency for c. US $200 million, regarding CPDOs sold by ABN-Amro. McGraw-Hill International (UK) Ltd v Deutsche Apotheker-Und Artzebank EG & Others (Comm.)
- Acted for an Italian oil multinational in various high value tax related contractual claims made against it by a UK oil multinational.
- Acted for the Libyan Investment Authority in its c. US $1 billion claim against Goldman Sachs International in relation to disputed synthetic trades placed in 2008. The Libyan Investment Authority v Goldman Sachs International (Ch.)
- Acted for the directors and former directors of Liverpool Football Club in breach of fiduciary duty claims for c. £200 million brought against them by the former owners of the club, Tom Hicks and George Gillett. Sir Martin Broughton & Others v Thomas O Hicks, George Gillett & Others  (Comm. & Court of Appeal)
- Acted for 555 individual claimants against an investment vehicle, its former associates and professional advisers in claims for c. £120 million, in relation to several failed technology investment schemes. Andrew Brown & Others v InnovatorOne plc (in liquidation) & Others  EWHC 119 (Comm.)
- Acted for Mr Boris Berezovsky in his c. US $1.3 billion claim against the estate of his former business partner. Berezovsy v The Interim Administrators of the Estate of Arkadi Patarkatshishvili & Others (Ch.)
Partner, Mishcon de Reya
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, King & Wood Mallesons LLP
Associate, Enyo Law LLP
Trainee, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
College of law, Graduate Diploma in Law
The University of Leeds, BA (Hons) English Literature & Theology