Susan is a Partner in the Corporate Department, where she is an expert in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and business law. She advises clients across a wide range of industries, including internet gaming, finance, technology and logistics. Clients include entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses and international corporations. She also heads the Families in Business group, focused on entrepreneurs and family businesses where clients rely on her grasp of both complex business issues and more traditional legal matters.
Susan has forged a particular reputation in the betting and gaming industry. She leads the firm’s top ranked Betting and Gaming group and has been involved in many of the landmark transactions in the sector over the last two decades. She has advised numerous gaming businesses on their corporate, branding, IT/IP needs and on their buy, build and exit strategies.
Susan has been praised by Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for her work in this sector, and is acknowledged as having a "strong intellectual understanding of the sector" and as being a "go to" lawyer for her expertise in M&A and international regulatory work.
- Advising shareholders of Stride Gaming plc on the admission to trading of its shares on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- Advising The Intertain Group Limited on its acquisition of the Jackpotjoy brands for an initial payment of £425.8m and its partnership with Gamesys Limited.
- Advised HM Government of Gibraltar as an interested party in relation to the GBGA's 2014 judicial review challenge to the UK's new point of consumption licensing regime and the 2015 judicial review challenge to the UK's new point of consumption tax regime.
- Advised the shareholders of SBS Worldwide (Holdings) Limited on its sale to DSV Air & Sea Holding A/S, part of the DSV global transport and logistics group.
- Advised two of the founders of Party Gaming plc on its £4.6 billion IPO and subsequent merger with Bwin.
- Advised on sales of several international gaming businesses to leading operators.
- Advised high net worth families on reconstructions of their businesses across multiple jurisdictions.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
University College, Dublin