Shona is a Partner in Mishcon Private.
Shona has a broad practice in commercial disputes. She is experienced in pursuing and defending complex, high value and multi-jurisdictional claims, which often involve alleged breaches of fiduciary duty, secret commissions, bribes, dishonest assistance and the diversion of business opportunities. Her work often involves seeking or resisting injunctions.
Shona has particular expertise in company disputes, acting for corporate and individual directors and shareholders in relation to unfair prejudice of shareholders’ interests, breaches of directors’ duties, breaches of shareholders’ agreements, deadlocks on decision-making under a company’s constitution and enforcing rights on an exit, including disputes over Good and Bad Leaver provisions.
She is a member of the Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Acting for a litigation funder in multi-jurisdictional enforcement proceedings, involving applying for and obtaining freezing orders in England, the BVI, Anguilla, Curacao and Belize and receivership orders in Anguilla.
- Acting for an international recruitment agency in a share sale dispute, involving applying for and obtaining an interim injunction restraining the former owners from presenting a winding up petition.
- Acting for a private equity fund investigating the extent of a fraud committed by the former owner and CEO of an acquired business.
- Acting for the intermediary defending a multi-billion dollar claim brought by the Libyan Investment Authority against Société Générale and others. The case involved issues of bribery and corruption, state litigation and privilege against self-incrimination.
- Acting for a Saudi prince in substantial and high profile shareholder dispute, involving cross unfair prejudice petitions and the assertion of sovereign immunity.
- Representing high net worth individuals in a multi-jurisdictional shareholder dispute over a Cayman investment fund which involved the setting aside of a worldwide freezing order and proprietary injunction, in part on the basis that the claims were likely to be barred by the "no reflective loss" principle.
- Representing a leading software company in defending an unfair prejudice petition.
- Advising an international shipping company in a corporate dispute following the attempted 'hijacking' of the company's register at Companies House.
- Acting for a private company to secure an order for specific performance of obligations owed by an exiting director/shareholder.
- Representing an individual to secure a profitable exit from a financial services partnership.
- Representing an individual to secure the release of a worldwide freezing order obtained against them by a global bank.
- Acting for an individual seller in a breach of warranty (tax warranty) claim.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Qualified, Mishcon de Reya
Kings' College London, MSc International Management