Sally is a partner in the firm's Intellectual Property department and head of the Brands group. She advises on brand protection strategies including clearance, monitoring and enforcement as well as trade mark and design filing. She acts for brands at all stages, from creation through to international expansion, both in preparation for investment and following acquisition.
Sally advises clients in a wide variety of sectors ranging from betting and gaming to real estate. She is co-head of the firm's Retail group and takes a lead role in the firm's mentoring programmes with the British Fashion Council and Walpole, and sits on the UK Council of the Creative Industries Federation. She is a recommended lawyer in Legal 500, WTR 1000 and IP Stars as well as being ranked in MIP's 2019 Global Index as one of the top 250 women in IP. In addition, in 2017 the Brands group was recognised by Legal 500 with a client award for its strength and expertise in brand management.
Prior to qualifying as a lawyer, Sally was a brand manager for multi-national brands where her responsibilities included new product development, advertising, promotion, PR, packaging and sponsorship. She is frequently contacted by both the press and broadcast media to comment on brand related developments.
- Various companies and agencies on the branding of new product launches and the re-branding of products and businesses.
- Leading organisations and governing bodies within the entertainment, advertising, IT, FMCG, fashion and sporting sectors in relation to the maintenance and management of their trade mark portfolios on a local and international basis and in emerging and established markets such as the BRICS.
- Music and sports personalities in relation to brand protection, licensing, infringements and band name disputes.
- Artists, fashion and interior designers on collaborations with high street and high end retailers.
- A UK fashion organisation in relation to brand protection and sponsorship matters relating to its events.
- Entertainment and sporting organisations on infringement matters including the resale of tickets.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Pitmans SK Sport & Entertainment LLP
Solicitor, Hammonds (Squire Sanders)
Trainee, Jones Day (Gouldens)
Brand Management, Reckitt Benckiser, Heinz, Anheuser-Busch (AB-Inbev)
Manchester University, LLB (Hons) Law