Phoebe McLarty is a Partner (Australian qualified) in the Construction Group in Real Estate.
Phoebe has extensive experience advising on non-contentious construction matters including:
- preparation and negotiation of construction and documents for various projects, including advice on various procurement strategies and whole-of-life considerations for the developer and investors to the work and completed asset; and
- broad transactional experience supporting the real estate, corporate and finance teams, including significant portfolio acquisitions, ongoing management and disposals.
Phoebe helps clients mitigate interface risk in complex multi-contract projects, for both development and high-profile investment transactions, across an array of sectors – such as commercial and residential real estate, student accommodation, hotels and logistics and retail parks. Her work has also included varied work in the mining, water, gaming and public health sectors.
Phoebe acts principally for developers, landlords and funders, and her clients have included advising Brookfield, Brookfield's Student Roost, Standard Life, Blackstone, Shaftesbury Capital together with various private clients – see further details on the next tab.
Phoebe also leads the team's practice transformation initiatives, increasing the adoption of new technologies to improve service delivery.
- Brookfield on the development of 1 Leadenhall Court, 1 Leadenhall Street
- Brookfield's 'Student Roost' in relation to various development and ongoing management of various assets (c.23,000 beds)
- Brookfield in relation to its acquisition of Arlington, a UK science, innovation, and technology real estate platform from TPG for £714 million
- Capital and Counties (now known as Shaftesbury Capital) on the redevelopment of Earl's Court, London and on its Covent Garden portfolio
- Higgins Homes Plc in relation to major estate regeneration worth £230 million
- Acting on construction aspects for various acquisitions, disposals and asset management for AEW UK's funds including the Core, SEOF, REIT and the Real Return Funds
- Dominus Group, the London developer, on the development and construction aspects connected with the funding and related matters in connection with its hotel and student accommodation
- Topland on the re-development of the Hilton Metropole
- Thames Tideway on construction and collaboration contracts (UK) in connection with the £4.2 billion construction of the new 'super sewer'
- High Speed Two (HS2) Limited on early and main works civils contracts (UK)
- Blackstone Group on numerous investment acquisitions, financings, development and asset management transactions across its UK portfolio, including the acquisition of a number of substantial logistics and light industrial portfolios
- Standard Life on numerous investment acquisitions, disposals, financings, developments and asset management transactions across its UK portfolio of retail and commercial assets
- Deutsche Bank on the construction aspects of financings including the development of the science and technology business park at Milton
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills
University of Western Australia, Bachelor of Law