Phoebe McLarty is a Partner (Australian qualified) in the Construction Group in Real Estate.
She has extensive transactional experience advising on non-contentious construction matters across the real estate, mining, water, waste, gaming and public health sectors on both domestic and international projects. Phoebe helps clients mitigate interface risk in complex multi-contract projects, for both development and high-profile investment transactions.
Phoebe acts principally for developers, landlords and funders, and her clients have included advising High Speed Two, Thames Tideway, Standard Life, Blackstone and Capital and Counties.
Phoebe started her career at Herbert Smith Freehills in Western Australia in 2009 in the infrastructure / land access team, where her work also included assisting clients on native title, planning and environmental matters in connection with local mining and infrastructure projects.
- Thames Tideway on construction and collaboration contracts (UK) in connection with the £4.2 billion construction of the new 'super sewer';
- High Speed Two (HS2) Limited on early and main works civils contracts (UK);
- Blackstone Group on numerous investment acquisitions, financings, development and asset management transactions across its UK portfolio, including the acquisition of a number of substantial logistics and light industrial portfolios;
- Capital and Counties on the redevelopment of Earl's Court, London
- Standard Life on numerous investment acquisitions, disposals, financings, developments and asset management transactions across its UK portfolio including development at County Mall Crawley, Gallions Reach Beckton, Churchill Square Brighton and the development and pre-let of a new regional Waitrose site;
- Deutsche Bank on the construction aspects of financings including the development of the science and technology business park at Milton Park, Oxfordshire; and
- EDF on the construction and engineering aspects of its new nuclear development programme in the UK, including the target cost main civil works contracts.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills
University of Western Australia, Bachelor of Law