Paul McLoughlin is a Partner in the firm’s Dispute Resolution and Corporate Rescue Team. His practice focuses on business rescue and restructuring solutions acting for a wide variety of corporate clients, management teams, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and private equity and credit funds. He regularly acts on consensual and non-consensual business rescue and restructuring matters including debt and equity financing transactions and using insolvency and company law rescue procedures to implement restructuring solutions. He has experience advising across multiple jurisdictions and in multiple sectors including real estate, hotels, retail, leisure, industrials, manufacturing, projects and infrastructure. Paul is noted for his experience in leading negotiations to resolve stakeholder and intercreditor disputes in business rescue and restructuring transactions.
Paul also advises on formal insolvency options and processes including receiverships, administrations, pre-packaged transactions, statutory moratoria and restructuring schemes as well as enforcement of debt claims and security rights.
Paul is a member of INSOL International, R3 (the Association of Business Recovery Professionals) and the Insolvency Lawyers Association.
Legal500 describes Paul as being "seriously able and on top of everything" with "first rate negotiation skills".
He is also ranked by Chambers and described as having “a formidable ability to negotiate difficult issues with a cool head and always keeps things focused”.
- Advising on the debt and equity restructuring of Famar S.A., a multinational pharmaceuticals manufacturing group.
- Advising Wolf Minerals PLC on its negotiations with creditors and other key stakeholders and restructuring options for the Group.
- Advising on the restructuring of the IMO Group including intercreditor disputes and subsequent litigation on valuation issues in its Scheme of Arrangement.
- Advising the co-ordination committee on the restructuring of Hampson PLC, a UK listed aircraft components manufacturer with operation in the US and India.
- Advising the on the restructuring of debt facilities to the Cath Kidston group.
- Advising on the restructuring of debt facilities to Raphael Hospitals and the subsequent sale of the group following the appointment of administrators.
- Advising on the refinancing of the Maybourne Hotel Group (owners of Claridges, the Connaught and Berkley Hotels) and subsequent litigation with the group's shareholders.
- Advising on the restructuring and refinancing of real estate debt and investment facilities to the Prestbury Group.
- Advising on the refinancing and restructuring of the Covenant Healthcare Group.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Hogan Lovells
Solicitor, Clifford Chance
Keele University, BA (Hons) Law/International Politics
Durham University, LL.M European/International Law