Olivia is a Managing Associate Barrister in the Finance and Banking Disputes Group. She acts for a range of clients in financial services disputes, including in relation to prime brokerage, interest rates swaps and performance bonds. Olivia has also advised and acted for a number of private clients pursuing claims in relation to the negligent provision of financial and advisory services and unreasonable withdrawal of banking facilities. She has a particular interest in claims with a cross-border or international element, including challenges to jurisdiction.
Olivia is one of the founders of Greener Litigation, a cross-profession sustainability initiative led by Mishcon de Reya working to reduce the carbon impact of dispute resolution. She is co-chair of the Greener Litigation Steering Committee, and also leads the Greener Litigation Outreach Group working to expand the impact of Greener Litigation within the UK and internationally. Olivia has given several talks about Greener Litigation and on commercial litigation relating to environmental and sustainability issues.
Prior to joining Mishcon de Reya, Olivia practised as a barrister in commercial and civil law, during which time she regularly appeared as an advocate in the High Court and the County Court. Olivia was awarded scholarships by the Inner Temple for the bar course and by the Pegasus Scholarship Trust to spend time as a visiting professional in the USA. She was appointed to the Attorney General's Panel of Counsel to the Crown (C-Panel) in 2019.
Olivia is a committee member for the Society of English and American Lawyers (SEAL), and a member of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA), the Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR) and the London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA). She is actively involved in mentoring and diversity issues, and is a school governor at a specialist autism school in Central London.
- Acting for a financial services firm against a prime broker in relation to disputed margin calls.
- Advising on questions of illegality and the "Rule in Ralli Bros" in relation to performance bonds issued by a foreign bank with English jurisdiction and applicable law clauses.
- Acting for various private individuals bringing claims against retail and private banks for negligent advice, negligent provision of financial services or withdrawal of banking facilities.
- Acting in a commercial claim involving alleged MTIC/Carousel fraud.
- Acting in an interest rate swap dispute arising under the ISDA Master Agreement, with foreign law applicable to the question of capacity to contract.
Managing Associate Barrister, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate Barrister, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Barrister, 3 Hare Court
Pupil Barrister, 3 Hare Court
Kaplan Law School, Bar Professional Training Course
University College London, LLM
King's College London, LLB Law (Hons) with European Legal Studies
Università di Bologna, Law/Giurisprudenza (Erasmus)