Emily is an Associate in the White Collar Crime & Investigations Group with experience acting for a variety of clients, both individuals and corporates, in investigations and criminal defence.
Emily has experience of high profile investigations involving the Serious Fraud Office, National Crime Agency and HMRC and has also acted for clients being interviewed as part of investigations carried out by the police, the FCA and FRC. Emily has advised clients who are subject to Account Freezing Orders and Unexplained Wealth Orders as well as clients who are subject to extradition requests.
She has worked on cases which involve cross-jurisdictional elements and has defended clients facing investigations into global fraud, bribery, money laundering and corruption.
Emily trained at the Firm and has previously acted for clients in criminal and civil litigation. She is also a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Representing the Respondents to three Unexplained Wealth Orders in the first successful application to discharge such Orders.
- Acting for an individual in an SFO investigation into global bribery and corruption offences.
- Advising an individual on the potential appeal of a conviction in relation to an HMRC investigation.
- Advising a former company board member being interviewed as part of an investigation by the FCA.
- Acting for individuals challenging an extradition request from outside of the EU.
- Acting for the family of the deceased in an inquest.