Oliver is an Associate in the Commercial, Technology and Sports team.
Oliver has experience of advising clients across a variety of sectors, focusing particularly on technology, media, entertainment and sport.
He often advises clients on a broad range of areas covering IP, GDPR, commercial and regulatory issues. This includes commercial and technology contracts, such as distribution, licensing, supply, sponsorship, outsourcing and SaaS agreements.
Oliver has a particular interest in advising sports organisations, athletes and intermediaries on a variety of issues, including in relation to financial fair play, international football transfers and sponsorship arrangements. He also assists with the Mishcon Sports Law Academy.
In addition, Oliver has also advised a number of early-stage tech companies as part of the Firm's M:Tech programme on commercial, data and privacy arrangements.
Oliver has previously worked at the in-house commercial legal department for Warner Bros, advising the business on a range of commercial and technology matters.
- Worked with a number of rapidly expanding sports technology and other SaaS clients on a range of agreements and contractual law issues.
- Advised a well-known supermarket on a European-wide licensing agreement with a major US film studio.
- Advised a major property company on its data centre arrangements with a supplier as well as various other SaaS and IT outsourcing agreements.
- Advised a football club on its compliance and regulatory obligations, including financial fair play.
- Advised a number of well-known individual athletes on their sponsorship and contractual-related issues.
- Advised a client on its location hire agreements with two major US film studios.
- Advised a solo musician on their contractual arrangements with their producer, manager and distributor.
- Provided advice to a high-profile fast food franchise in relation to developing its remote ordering application.
- Assisting with multiple corporate transactions at the Firm in the technology, real estate and leisure sectors.
- Advised an M:Tech client (early-stage AI company) on its commercial contracts and data-related issues.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Commercial Legal Intern, Warner Bros.
BPP University, GDL and LPC
Newcastle University, Geography