Greg is a Partner in the Employment department, with over 20 years' experience in employment law.
He provides advice to both employers and senior executives across a range of sectors, with a particular focus on Financial Services, LLPs and partnership disputes. His clients range from public companies, banks and major accountancy practices to PLC directors, senior banking executives and partners in law firms.
Greg is experienced in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law, advising employers on workplace disputes, defence of whistleblowing and discrimination claims, major restructures and day to day queries. He works with senior executives on the terms of their engagement and departure in addition to disputes and regulatory issues.
Greg has a particular specialism advising on major disciplinary investigations, acting for employers as well as for senior executives accused of misconduct whether by their employer, or the FCA/PRA, or other regulators. He regularly operates at the intersection of employment law and regulation. Within the financial services sector he regularly advises on Remuneration Code issues and the Senior Manager Regime.
Greg has also been involved in conducting gender pay audits for corporate clients who will be subject to proposed employment regulations and reporting requirements.
Greg is the subject of excellent reviews, with legal directories noting his "commercial" approach (Legal 500 2015) and is a regular speaker at internal and external seminars and on television and radio on employment issues.
- Acts for both Banks and Boards in connection with the implications of the Senior Manager Regime
- Advises employers on their obligations to comply with the new rules on Gender pay which will come into force in 2017
- Regularly acts for employers and senior executives in the financial services sector, including advice on individual PRA and FCA compliance issues;
- Acted for a major retail Bank defending multimillion pound claims for race discrimination and whistleblowing;
- Provides strategic and tactical advice to numerous companies on their HR issues;
- Acted in connection with a multi-billion trading dollar loss suffered by JPMorgan;
- Advises in connection with post-termination restrictions and team moves.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Faegre & Benson
Assistant, Ashurst Morris Crisp (now Ashurst)
BA Oxford University