Euan is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution department, specialising in civil fraud and commercial litigation.
He has acted for both individual and corporate clients across a wide range of disputes, including breach of contract, misuse of confidential information, shareholder disputes, conspiracy, breach of restrictive covenants and data theft. These disputes are often complex and multi-jurisdictional in nature.
He has experience in obtaining and defending against a variety of High Court injunctions, including search orders, computer imaging orders and freezing orders.
- Acting for the Claimants in an upcoming 40-day Chancery Division fraud trial of Group Seven Limited & Anr v Ali Nasir & Ors, concerning the recovery of sums lost in a €100 million fraud from those who are alleged to have helped facilitate the fraud.
- Acted for a Guernsey-based entity in respect of a multi-million euro fraud perpetuated against it, centring around the artificial inflation of the purchase price of a shopping centre in Bulgaria. The case included obtaining a freezing order and resisting an attempted discharge in the Isle of Man (where the defendant was based) in support of arbitration proceedings.
- Assisted in the defence of a $800 million fraud claim and freezing injunction brought against a Russian high net worth individual. The claim involved elements of English, Russian and Cypriot law.
- Acted for two Nigerian individuals subjected to a freezing order in a long-running dispute over oil revenues. Successfully secured the release of the client's passport from Court, permitting her to return to Nigeria.
- Provided strategy for a mining company in a $285 million claim and threatened bankruptcy proceedings over Brazilian mining interests.
- Acted for a BVI-based company to release funds frozen in Switzerland. The funds were frozen as part of a long-running criminal investigation into a former state governor of Nigeria and his lawyer for corruption and money-laundering. Successfully applied for a variation of the restraint order, releasing millions of dollars of previously restrained funds.
- Assisted in an internal investigation involving a Botswana-based bank, concerning anonymous false allegations of misconduct and corruption made to the bank's staff, the media and investors, and suspected to have come from an employee within the bank.
- Acted in the criminal trial of an individual accused of forgery and five counts of fraud, and facing up to eight years in prison if convicted. After four days of a four-week trial, the prosecution agreed to accept a guilty plea to the forgery count only, and the client received a non-custodial sentence.
- Advised a number of clients on claims against former employees and competitors for theft of confidential information and trade secrets. Obtained search, computer imaging and delivery up orders to secure the return of this information, and restraining injunctions to prevent further misuse.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction)
University of Bristol, MA English Language and Literature (Distinction)
University of Bristol, MA English Literature and Philosophy (First Class)