Lizzie Mude is a Managing Associate with experience advising on complex, often multijurisdictional, commercial disputes. She has recently advised on a number of high-profile auditor negligence and contentious insolvency claims. She also has experience acting on corporate investigations, shareholder and civil fraud disputes and shipping law matters.
Lizzie sits within the Commercial Litigation team, part of the wider Dispute Resolution department.
- Acting for the UK subsidiaries of an international media group based in Sweden in a claim against their former auditor alleging negligence in the audits of their financial statements (Bonnier Books UK Group Holdings Limited & Ors v Haysmacintyre LLP).
- Acted for the liquidators of the Patisserie Valerie group in a claim for c. £200 m against Grant Thornton in respect of alleged negligence in its audits of the café group which collapsed following a suspected accounting fraud (Patisserie Holdings Plc & Ors v Grant Thornton UK LLP).
- Acted for the additional liquidator to CGL Realisations Limited (formerly Comet Group Limited) on an investigation and subsequent claims under the antecedent transaction provisions of the Insolvency Act 1986 (Re Comet Group Limited (in liquidation) and Re CGL Realisations Limited (Ch))
- Acted for the Commercial Bank of Dubai in a Part 8 claim for injunctive and other relief under s. 25 of the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Act 1982 against two high-net worth individuals in support of underlying UAE proceedings involving substantive claims for £200 m (Commercial Bank of Dubai PSC v Al Qebaisi & Ors)
- Acted for the defendants in a EUR 35 m fraud claim relating to investment property in the UK (Abdullah Nasser Bin Obaid, Oh-Na Real Estate Co Ltd, and Taqa Investment Co v Khalid Abdullah Al-Hezaimi, Ofy Ltd and Latifah Assets Ltd)
- Acted for the claimant, Sheikh Abdulrahman Bin Mahfouz (and his family), in relation to asset recovery and subsequent committal proceedings in connection with a EUR 35 m fraud (Sheikh Abdulrahman Bin Mahfouz (& Ors) v Muhaned El-Rashid & Anr)
- Acted for a global communications company in relation to potential misuse of confidential information claims
- Advised a ship-owner in respect of issues arising under a Bareboat Charter Agreement in the context of Korean arbitration proceedings against the vessel's charterers.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee and Associate, Jones Day
BPP University, Legal Practice Course
Durham University, LLB