Lizzie Mude is a commercial litigation associate with experience advising on complex multijurisdictional commercial disputes across a range of subject matters including corporate investigations, shareholder disputes, contentious insolvency and civil fraud. She has advised a number of high-net worth individuals and corporate clients within the retail, banking & finance, telecoms and real estate sectors.
Lizzie sits within the Commercial Litigation team, part of the wider Dispute Resolution department.
- Acted for the additional liquidator to CGL Realisations Limited (formerly Comet Group Limited) on an investigation and subsequent claims under the antecedent transaction provisions of the Insolvency Act 1986 (Re Comet Group Limited (in liquidation) and Re CGL Realisations Limited (Ch))
- Acted for the Commercial Bank of Dubai in a Part 8 claim for injunctive and other relief under s. 25 of the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Act 1982 against two high-net worth individuals in support of underlying UAE proceedings involving substantive claims for £200 m (Commercial Bank of Dubai PSC v Al Qebaisi & Ors)
- Acted for the defendants in a EUR 35 m fraud claim relating to investment property in the UK (Abdullah Nasser Bin Obaid, Oh-Na Real Estate Co Ltd, and Taqa Investment Co v Khalid Abdullah Al-Hezaimi, Ofy Ltd and Latifah Assets Ltd)
- Acted for the claimant, Sheikh Abdulrahman Bin Mahfouz (and his family), in relation to asset recovery and subsequent committal proceedings in connection with a EUR 35 m fraud (Sheikh Abdulrahman Bin Mahfouz (& Ors) v Muhaned El-Rashid & Anr)
- Acted for a global communications company in relation to potential misuse of confidential information claims
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee and Associate, Jones Day
Durham University, LLB - with a year abroad
BPP University, Legal Practice Course