Barry is a Managing Associate in the Fraud and Dispute Resolution department.
He is a litigator with wide ranging experience dealing with multi-jurisdictional fraud disputes, actions subject to group litigation orders and general commercial disputes.
He has extensive experience acting for high-net-worth individuals and FTSE 100 companies in very high value, multi-party disputes in the Commercial Court and in arbitral proceedings. In particular, he has experience obtaining and defending freezing orders and search orders, as well as defending committal proceedings.
Following secondments at two FTSE 100 companies, Barry has also developed experience managing Serious Fraud Office investigations and undertaking internal compliance investigations.
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual (Mukhtar Ablyazov) in an action involving a Kazakh State Owned Enterprise (BTA Bank) worth approximately US$6 billion (particular involvement in committal proceedings, responding to applications for injunctive relief, and summary judgment applications in the Commercial Court and Chancery Court).
- Acting in the Commercial Court for a Saudi property development company and a Bahraini investment bank in a US$1 billion action involving allegations of conspiracy and breach of confidence.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 pharmaceutical company in an action subject to a group litigation order involving over 500 Claimants relating to alleged breaches of the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual in judicial review proceedings relating to the execution of search warrants by the Metropolitan Police Service (the search warrants were sought by the MPS following allegations of money laundering).
- Acting for a FTSE100 gaming company in relation to various claims involving alleged breach of contract and breach of duty.
- Seconded to a FTSE 100 mining company where he assisted with the management of a Serious Fraud Office self-reporting investigation. The scope of the investigation covered various jurisdictions, including Kazakhstan and numerous countries in Africa.
- Seconded to a FTSE 100 fast moving consumer goods company assisting the in-house legal team in fraud investigations across a number of CIS, South East Asian and African countries.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
BPP Law School, GDL & LPC
The University of Nottingham, (MRes) Politics and International Relations
The University of Nottingham, (BA) Politics