Victoria is a Managing Associate in Mishcon de Reya's Trust & Succession Disputes team, in the firm's Private department. She advises on disputes concerning succession matters, high value trusts and estates, including those with assets held in multiple jurisdictions, and contentious matters in the Court of Protection.
Victoria has experience of a range of issues that can arise when trusts and estates become contested. This includes claims by disinherited spouses and family members under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, as well as disputes about less common issues such as invalid wills and claims based on the doctrine of proprietary estoppel. Victoria has acted for clients in disputes within the jurisdiction of the Court of Protection including contested statutory will applications and has advised in relation to Best Interest meetings.
Additionally, Victoria has experience advising on contractual disputes, professional negligence disputes, defamation claims, contempt of Court applications and requests for mutual assistance.
Victoria has a STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes and is undertaking the Associate Membership Course of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
- Representing Dr Christine Gill in the Court of Appeal which upheld the decision to overturn a will leaving the RSPCA a £2.35m farmhouse and land
- Acting for siblings in a long running inheritance dispute to determine whether assets held in a Liechtenstein foundation form part of their late father's estate. The claim involved Sharia law and the laws of Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Monaco
- Representing a client who was a patient of the Court of Protection and wished to take back control of their own affairs
- Advising clients who have brought and defended claims of proprietary estoppel and constructive trust in an attempt to protect their home
- Advising in relation to will and codicil disputes including challenges on the grounds of lack of testamentary capacity, knowledge and approval and fraudulent calumny
- Advising an ultra-high net worth individual in relation to defamatory articles written about him in the press and in relation to proceedings currently in the Court of Appeal
- Advising families and protectors on disputes relating to substantial trusts. This often involves working closely with offshore lawyers as part of a wider legal team
- Advising in cases where issues of capacity arise
- Making applications for a statutory will in the Court of Protection
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Matthew Arnold & Baldwin LLP
LPC, College of Law
GDL, College of Law
Bristol University, Classics BA (Hons)