Ty is a commercial litigator and Associate in Mishcon Private. He acts for a range of clients, including high profile and high net worth individuals, companies, and family offices.
Ty completed his training contract at Mishcon and spent time in the Real Estate, Private Tax and Corporate departments before joining the Commercial Litigation team in September 2015.
- Representing a HNWI in the defence of an $800m fraud claim and freezing injunction. The complex, multi-jurisdictional, claim involves elements of English, Russian and Cypriot law.
- Acted for the chairman of a Russian bank in a dispute with a former shareholder and business partner: Commercial Court trial October 2014 (listed 7 weeks, settled favourably after 3).
- Advising a large multi-national corporation in a claim for the recovery of assets. The claimants were victims of a scam, groomed for 6 months by a group of highly sophisticated fraudsters who persuaded them to give up control of €100m.
- Advising property agents in relation to compliance and anti-money laundering issues.
- Advising on commercial and personal contractual disputes.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Durham University, English Literature BA (Hons)
University of Law, GDL and LPC