Ty is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution department, specialising in insolvency and fraud, complex commercial litigation, investigations and asset recovery. Ty advises clients in relation to a wide range of complex, high-value commercial disputes, including civil fraud, data theft and misuse of confidential information, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty. He acts for a broad range of clients including corporates, administrators, high profile and high net worth individuals and family offices.
Ty has significant experience in both obtaining injunctive relief and responding to injunctions, including freezing orders and search, imaging and evidence preservation orders. Ty also has significant trial experience, including a 12-week trial in the High Court, Chancery Division. His cases often involve parties from and issues relating to foreign jurisdictions.
- Acting for the Administrators of London Capital & Finance PLC (investigating the collapse of LCF in circumstances where it owes creditors in excess of £230million).
- Successfully obtained judgment for the Claimants in a 12 week Chancery Division fraud trial (Group Seven Ltd and others v Nasir and others  EWHC 2466 (Ch)). The claimants were victims of a scam, groomed for 6 months by a group of highly sophisticated fraudsters who persuaded them to give up control of €100m.
- Acting for a media company against its former management team in respect of breach of fiduciary duty on the basis of diversion of business opportunities, breach of confidence, and misuse of confidential information, includes successfully obtaining ex parte relief against the former managers.
- Representing a HNWI in the defence of a c.£200m fraud claim related to alleged anti-competitive practices in the pharmaceutical market.
- Acting for a HNW property tycoon in relation to proceedings brought against him by his former business partner relating to fraudulent contract.
- Assisting in the trial of Signia Wealth v Vector Trustees  EWHC 1040 (Ch)
- Representing a HNWI in the defence of an $800m fraud claim and freezing injunction. The complex, multi-jurisdictional, claim involves elements of English, Russian and Cypriot law.
- Acted for the chairman of a Russian bank in a dispute with a former shareholder and business partner: Commercial Court trial October 2014 (listed 7 weeks, settled favourably after 3).
- Advising a purchaser on title and attribution issues following the acquisition of a classic car at auction
- Advising a large multi-national corporation in a claim for the recovery of assets.
- Advising PEP and HNWIs on reputation matters.
- Advising on commercial and personal contractual disputes.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Durham University, English Literature BA (Hons)
University of Law, GDL and LPC