Stephen is an Associate in the Corporate Tax team.
His practice includes advising on all aspects of corporate and real estate taxation, including indirect taxes such as VAT, SDLT and other stamp duties. His clients include corporate, institutional and high-net worth individuals, both in the UK and overseas.
Stephen completed his training contract at Slaughter and May before qualifying into their Corporate Tax team in March 2020. There he advised corporate and institutional clients on a range of matters, including M&A, structuring, corporate finance and high-value commercial real estate transactions.
- Advising individuals and companies on tax issues relating to the purchase, holding and sale of shares, real estate and other significant business assets.
- Advising individuals and companies on general tax structuring and corporate reorganisations.
- Acting for a range of corporate clients on general banking and debt capital market transactions.
- Acting for a number of corporate clients on entering into high-value commercial leases.
- Advising clients in the context of disputes with HMRC and other commercial disputes relating to tax.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Slaughter and May
Trainee Solicitor, Slaughter and May
BPP University, Legal Practice Course
University of Cambridge (Jesus), BA (Hons) Law