Rupert is a partner in Mishcon Private and leads the landed estates and farms team.
He is ranked as a leading individual in Legal 500 and is described as having "that increasingly rare quality of cutting to the issues that really matter and guiding the client accordingly" and as being "one of the best transactional lawyers" in the sector. He has also been named by Spear’s Magazine as one of the leading landed estates lawyers in the UK.
Rupert has a strong reputation for acting for international and institutional clients as well as entrepreneurs and family businesses on complex and high value sales and purchases of landed estates, commercial farms and country houses. He also advises on agricultural, commercial, renewables and minerals leases and has a substantial secured lending practice. He also has significant experience of dealing with transactions in the equine sector.
- Member and former committee member of the Country Land and Business Association (former committee member).
- Member of the Agricultural Law Association.
- Ambassador for and supporter of the Jungle Crows Foundation, a charity which provides opportunities for disadvantaged children in Kolkata in India.
- Within the last year (always in consultation with the relevant tax, agency and funding advisors).
- Acquisition of two large estates at over £100 million for an international investor which included various environmental, employment, charities and renewable energy complexities.
- Acting on the largest equine stud deal in the UK for several decades as part of a team advising on corporate, tax, employment and bloodstock matters.
- Acquisition of a large landed estate in the south west of England.
- Disposal of a significant estate in the east of England.
- Sale of a substantial site to a national housebuilder.
- Grant of renewable energy and minerals options.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Taylor Vinters LLP
Senior Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Associate, Field Fisher Waterhouse
Trainee, Church Adams Tatham
London College of Law