Richard is a Partner in Mishcon de Reya's Corporate department where he is an expert in corporate finance and M&A. His work covers a wide range of industries including real estate, finance, life science and biotech, fashion and leisure. Clients range from mid-sized PLCs and other corporates to high profile entrepreneurs.
In the corporate real estate sector, Richard led the Mishcon de Reya team acting for longstanding client Helical plc on the disposal of its retirement villages portfolio to Legal & General for £102m.
Richard advised Peanut App on its seed 2 funding, with the round being led by Sweet Capital (the founders of King Digital Entertainment), Female Founders Fund, Greycroft Partners and Sound Ventures. He also advised on a series of transactions for long-standing bioscience client, Quotient Bioresearch Group Limited, including the disposal of Quotient Bioscience Group Limited to Pharmaron Beijing Co Ltd.
- Advising Helical plc on the disposal of its retirement villages portfolio to Legal & General for £102 million.
- Acting for Peanut App Limited on its seed 2 funding, with the round being led by Sweet Capital (the founders of King Digital Entertainment). Other funds involved in the round were Female Founders Fund, Greycroft Partners and Sound Ventures (founded by Ashton Kutcher), together with existing funds NEA, Felix Capital and Partech Ventures.
- Advising QBS Holdings on the sale of Quotient Bioresearch Group Limited to Pharmaron Beijing Co Ltd
- Advising Allied Commercial Exporters on corporate, real estate and finance related matters
- Advising Auriens on corporate, real estate and IP matters
- Advising Fenton Whelan Limited on the share purchase and subscription by West One Holdings Limited
- Advising Siahaf on corporate, real estate and financing matters
- Advising Stylus Media Group Limited on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Acre White Limited
- Advising Z Hotels on its corporate reorganisation
- Advising Zesty Limited, providers of an online healthcare booking platform, on its latest fundraising round
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Assistant, Gouldens (now Jones Day)
Qualified, Titmuss Sainer & Webb (now Dechert)