Oli is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution department. He is the Co-Lead for Disability within the firm's Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, as well as for the firm's Wellbeing Programme, and is heavily involved in the firm's recruitment of Trainee Solicitors.
With over a decade of experience in advising on complex, multi-jurisdictional, and high value disputes, Oli focuses in particular on fraud and cross-border injunctions. A significant amount of his work involves disputes conducted either fully or in part outside the UK, including in the Middle East, USA, India, Russia, and offshore financial centres. Oli also has a particular interest, and experience, in the waste-to-energy and cannabis/cannabis-derived products (CBD) sectors, as well as in helping young companies to build and develop their businesses.
Oli's clients include high net-worth/high-profile individuals; global institutions; engineering and energy companies; and LSE/AIM listed companies. He has experience in acting for clients involved in share/partnership disputes, fraudulent investment schemes, and fraudulent diversions. He is accustomed to applying for and obtaining injunctive relief in order to secure assets for his clients' claims.
Oli has achieved landmark decisions in three separate areas of law and has acted on a number of the largest claims brought before the English Commercial Court.
- Acting for one of the world's largest companies in a multi-jurisdictional $1.5bn conspiracy claim, including obtaining a variety of injunctive relief (in England and elsewhere) in support of enforcement of an arbitral award.
- Acting for a prominent waste-to energy company in relation to a fraud by a shareholder on the company and its investor-shareholders.
- Acting for one of the world's largest price reporting agencies in successfully discharging an injunction preventing the publication of alleged confidential information.
- Acting for an ultra-high net worth individual in multi-jurisdictional, multi-discipline proceedings, involving the ownership of shares in one of the world's largest construction companies.
- Acting for a high-profile individual against a well-known celebrity in a multi-jurisdictional partnership dispute, widely reported in the UK and international press.
- Acting for a well-known data and analytics company against its former CEO in relation to allegations of fraud.
- Acting for a major US paper company in a $1bn multi-party English Commercial Court contract dispute relating to pollution in a major river, involving English, New York and Delaware law, a related New York Arbitration, and separate dividend recovery proceedings.
- Acting for an energy projects company in multi-jurisdictional, multi-discipline proceedings (litigations in Australia, The Bahamas, BVI, England, Colorado and Switzerland and an arbitration in London) relating to a share dispute involving breach of duty, conspiracy, fraud and negligence.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, DLA Piper UK LLP
Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper UK LLP
The College of Law, Legal Practice Course
University of Sussex, Law LLB (2005 OUP Law Student of the Year)