Oli is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution Department. He specialises in commercial fraud, injunctions and asset-tracing cases, usually as part of complex multi-jurisdictional disputes. He has considerable experience of freezing orders, disclosure orders, and other specialist injunctions used to obtain information and to trace, secure and recover assets.
Oli frequently acts in cases involving allegations of dishonesty, conspiracy and breaches of fiduciary duty. He has worked on a number of the firm's most high profile cases involving worldwide freezing orders. He also often acts in cases involving data-theft and cyber-security breaches. Oli is experienced in using technology to help manage large-scale commercial disputes.
A fluent French speaker, the majority of Oli's work includes an international element, including a number cases with a strong connection to Switzerland, Russia and CIS, and the USA and Caribbean. He acts for clients that operate in a broad range of sectors including banking, telecoms and shipping, as well as being retained by high net-worth individuals.
Oli is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). The CFE qualification involves specialist training in fraud investigations, deterrence, detection and prevention. It is recognised by the City of London Police, the U.S. Department of Defense, the FBI, SEC, IRS, as well as a host of other institutions worldwide as the gold standard in anti-fraud training. He is also a member of the Franco British Lawyers Society and the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Acting for a Russian bank to obtain urgent injunctive relief in the Caribbean in support of arbitration proceedings, against debtors in breach of their obligations under multi-million dollar loans.
- Acting for a listed mining company in a dispute involving injunctive relief, complex jurisdictional issues and English company law claims, before the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Acting for a high net worth individual to trace and recover valuable family heirlooms, obtaining disclosure and seizure orders against a London jeweller, an auction house and a safety deposit box facility.
- Advising a multi-national telecoms company on fraud prevention, deterrence and other regulatory issues.
- Acting for trustee companies in New Zealand, defending asset-freezing and disclosure orders in multi-billion pound, high-profile litigation in the High Court by Russian creditors of Sergei Pugachev.
- Acting to recover a multi-million pound judgment debt, following a judgment for fraud in Florida, including obtaining multiple freezing orders in England, similar relief in parallel the Bahamas and Texas, and orders to secure the contents of a safety deposit box at a luxury London hotel.
- Acting for a multinational shipping company in complex litigation involving investment fraud and money laundering, with parallel criminal investigations in England and Switzerland and insolvency proceedings in the High Court in London.
- Acting for Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd in relation to its claim against MasterCard, that the default multilateral interchange fee between issuing and acquiring banks had been illegally fixed.
- Acting for an AIM listed recruitment company, obtaining a search and delivery-up order, in litigation involving data-theft of and breach of restrictive covenants by a departing senior employee.
- Acting for a Russian banker who faced criminal investigations and extradition from the UK, as well as large-scale commercial litigation in the Commercial Court in London.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Paralegal, Mishcon de Reya
Kings College, London, European Studies Ba (Hons)
IEP Paris (Sciences Po), Diplôme International