Oli is a Managing Associate in the Fraud Group. His work focuses on complex, high value, cross-border disputes.
He specialises in international asset tracing claims: using injunctions to locate, freeze and recover assets worldwide. Oli’s cases frequently involve allegations of fraud and dishonesty against opponents who have dissipated funds, mislead creditors, falsified records or unlawfully concealed property.
He works closely with specialist local counsel around the world, including in the International Fraud Group, to coordinate litigation strategy and manage disputes across multiple jurisdictions.
Oli’s clients include judgement creditors and banks enforcing non-performing loans. He acts for HNW families and listed companies, as well as other victims of fraud and cyber-crime. He has a wealth of experience with high profile claims, especially those with a complex political dimension.
A fluent French speaker, Oli is a member of the Firm's French Group. He has acted for French companies, both in litigation and in an advisory capacity, and has been involved, with local counsel, in disputes in a number of francophone countries in Europe and Africa.
Much of Oli's work involves high profile disputes, which often attract media attention. A number of cases he has acted on in recent years have featured in press, including in The Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times.
Oli also assists the victims of cyber-fraud, and advises corporate clients on anti-fraud policy and internal investigations. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). The CFE qualification involves specialist training in fraud investigations, deterrence, detection and prevention and is recognised as the gold standard in anti-fraud training, including by the City of London Police, the FBI and the SEC.
- Acting for a major European bank in complex fraud claims involving non-performing loans of ~EUR90m, with claims before the courts in the Cayman Islands, Malta, Canada, and in arbitration.
- Obtaining anti-suit injunctions, to prevent opponents from commencing vexatious proceedings overseas, including in breach of arbitrations agreements.
- Acting for a large European bank in claims under personal guarantees, with a value in excess of EUR400m, and advising on enforcement actions around the globe, including in the BVI, Indonesia and Singapore.
- Enforcing a multi-million dollar US judgment; obtaining coordinated freezing orders in England, the BVI, Anguilla and Belize, attachment orders in Curacao, and the appointment of an interim receiver in Anguilla.
- Advising on claims brought under cross-undertakings in damages, under a freezing order.
- Obtaining injunctions to prevent directors misusing a company funds, in a claim with a complex political dimension, arising out the attempted 2016 coup d'état in Turkey.
- Acting for a HNW individual to recover jewellery worth millions of pounds, taken as part of a family dispute; obtaining disclosure and seizure orders against a London jeweller, Christies auction house and a safety deposit box facility.
- Acting for a major Russian bank to obtain urgent injunctive relief in the BVI, in support of arbitration proceedings worth ~EUR50m, against debtors and guarantors in breach of their obligations.
- Acting for a HNW in complex fraud claims against 17 Defendants, in a claim with a complex political dimension, arising out of the 2014 coup d'état in Thailand. Advising on claims spanning multiple jurisdictions, including East Asia and the Caribbean, search orders in England.
- Acting for trust companies in New Zealand, defending asset-freezing and disclosure orders in multi-billion pound, high-profile litigation by creditors of Russian oligarch, Sergei Pugachev.
- Acting for a multinational shipping company in complex litigation involving investment fraud and money laundering, with parallel criminal investigations in England and Switzerland and insolvency proceedings in the High Court in London.
- Acting for a Russian banker who faced criminal investigations and extradition from the UK, as well as large-scale commercial litigation in the Commercial Court in London.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Paralegal, Mishcon de Reya
Kings College, London, European Studies Ba (Hons)
IEP Paris (Sciences Po), Diplôme International