Elena is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution department, specialising in civil fraud and commercial litigation.
She has acted for high-net worth individuals, governments, insolvency practitioners and large companies in a wide range of disputes, including conspiracy, breach of fiduciary duties, misrepresentation and breach of contract claims. These disputes are often complex and multi-jurisdictional in nature.
Elena has particular experience of obtaining and defending against a variety of High Court injunctions, including, freezing orders, delivery up orders and proprietary injunctions. She also has experience of arbitration proceedings, including being involved in arbitrations governed by the LCIA and ICC rules and enforcement of arbitral awards.
Elena is also a leading member of the UK Cypriot Enterprise Counsel's Youth Initiative.
- Acting for one of the world's largest companies in a multi-jurisdictional $1.5bn conspiracy claim, including obtaining a variety of injunctive relief (in England and elsewhere) in support of enforcement of an arbitral award.
- Advising an individual on obtaining a prohibitory injunction against "persons unknown" in relation to identity theft.
- Acting for the Administrators of London Capital & Finance PLC (assisting the Administrators investigate the collapse of LCF in circumstances where it owes creditors in excess of £230million).
- Acting for the Department of Foreign Affairs of a large European nation (investigating the suspected fraudulent activity of a counterparty).
- Acting for a French entity in the renewable energy sector in dispute with an Iranian entity arising from a development agreement concerning the construction of 20MW solar power projects in Iran (LCIA arbitration, London seat).
- Acting for an Israeli telecoms company in a dispute against a southern African state-owned entity concerning a sales and licensing agreement (LCIA arbitration, London seat).
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
BPP, GDL and LPC
University of Manchester, Politics and Modern History (BA)