Niki is a Partner in the Betting & Gaming Group within the Firm's Innovation Department. Niki is a regulatory specialist with more than 10 years' experience advising clients in the gambling and gaming sectors.
Niki regularly advises licensees in connection with compliance assessments and regulatory enforcement action by the Gambling Commission including licence reviews. She also advises operators, software developers and platform providers in connection with regulatory and compliance matters including anti-money laundering, responsible gambling, consumer protection and marketing requirements.
Niki specialises in advising clients on the gambling regulatory aspects of sales, acquisitions and investments including regulatory due dilligence and the impact of regulatory matters on the transaction documentation. She also advises on a full range of corporate transactions, including sales and acquisitions, reorganisations and joint ventures, and has worked on numerous cross-border transactions. Her experience covers a wide range of sectors including betting and gaming, technology, retail and leisure.
Niki has been recognised by Legal 500 as a 'Next generation partner' in Betting & Gaming and is acknowledged as 'up and coming' in Chambers & Partners. Niki is also a general member of the International Masters of Gaming Law (IMGL).
- Providing coordinated regulatory and commercial advice to various clients assessing their strategy across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising multiple licensees in connection with compliance assessments and regulatory enforcement action by the Gambling Commission including licence reviews.
- Providing regulatory and compliance advice to numerous clients including in relation to compliance with anti-money laundering, responsible gambling, consumer protection and marketing obligations.
- Providing regulatory advice to DraftKings Inc. in connection with its business combination with Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp. and SBTech (Global) Limited.
- Providing regulatory advice to Jackpotjoy in connection with its acquisition of Gamesys' business.
- Advising Catena Operations Limited on a number of UK business acquisitions including gg.co.uk, Bettingpro.com and Online Media (UK).
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
BPP Law School, Holborn LPC
University of Surrey, Guildford, Law (LLB)