Nick Dent is a Managing Associate in the White Collar Crime & Investigations Group.
Nick has significant experience representing individuals suspected of having committed serious and general criminal offences in investigations and trials conducted by the Police, the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Conduct Authority and other agencies.
Nick has particular expertise in discretely handling sensitive cases for individuals who value their reputation and privacy as well as for those who work within regulated sectors.
Nick is familiar with defending individuals against a wide range of criminal allegations which often arise as a result of an individual's employment or relationship breakdown. He has a particular focus on providing pre-charge advice and representation in order to achieve an early conclusion to a criminal investigation. In addition, Nick has extensive experience of successfully defending his clients following a trial as well as successfully appealing against sentences and convictions.
Nick is named in the Legal 500 in 2022 for Crime and is ranked as an Associate to Watch by Chambers and Partners 2022 for Crime which states that he is "a force of nature who pursues cases vociferously and leaves no stone unturned - he can find an argument where there was none to be found."
White Collar Crime
- Acting for an individual being prosecuted for allegations of Bribery arising from arrangements for licenced venues
- Represented the lead defendant in the LIBOR "Brokers Trial"
- Represented a broker in LIBOR investigations by the SFO
- Represented numerous individuals who have been interviewed by the CMA in respect of alleged cartel offences, including leniency applicants
- Acted for bankers suspected of committing insider dealing by the FCA
- Acted for a banker suspected of breaching FCA rules
- Acted for a politician accused of accepting bribes
- Represented a Solicitor accused of fraud, forgery and perverting the course of justice
- Defended licenced premises against allegations of criminal breaches of the Covid-19 regulations
- Represented doctors accused of mistreating patients
General and Serious Crime
- Acted for numerous high profile individuals from the entertainment sector who were investigated by the Metropolitan Police and US agencies in connection with allegations arising from the #Metoo disclosures
- Defended individuals who are subject to criminal complaints during relationship breakdowns
- Represented a senior insurance executive who stood trial in 2022 in respect of a work place allegation arising from an incident in 2017
- Defended a street artist against allegations of forging art work
- Represented a number of young people and adults who have been instigated as a result of the "Everyone's Invited" campaign
- Represented television personalities and entertainers who have been prosecuted for road traffic offences
- Represented a senior banker accused of abusing her daughter
- Represented professionals who are subject to allegations of sexual misconduct in the workplace
- Defended drivers accused of offences arising from fatal road traffic collisions
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Kingsley Napley