Naomi is a Managing Associate in the Fraud and Dispute Resolution department. She is a commercial litigator with wide ranging experience in multi-jurisdictional fraud, banking and general commercial disputes. Naomi manages complex and high value litigation, internal investigations and international arbitrations.
She has had particular experience working with clients from the CIS region and has recently returned to London after practicing in the United Arab Emirates for two years. Naomi has advised clients in both defending and bringing claims, and in relation to freezing orders, delivery up orders, third party disclosure orders and other asset recovery strategies. She has undertaken a variety of contractual disputes, shareholder disputes and professional negligence claims, and has represented clients in the High Court, the Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights.
Naomi's clients include high-net worth individuals, corporates and financial institutions. She is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association, the Fraud Women's Network, the London Solicitors Litigation Association and is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Acted for high net worth individual Mukhtar Ablyazov in relation to his long-running fraud claim against JSC BTA Bank, worth approximately US$6 billion and which involved freezing orders, receivership orders, contempt proceedings and issues relating to the disclosure of privileged information. The matter involved issues in a variety of jurisdictions including the British Virgin Islands, Cyprus, Switzerland, Hong Kong and Russia.
- Represented a plc company on the investigation of significant financial frauds within the UAE arm of its business.
- Advised a national airline carrier as to potential injunctive relief and the causes of action against a service agent who was threatening a breach of contract.
- Assisted a Middle Eastern Bank in relation to asset recovery following a significant cybercrime fraud, including liaising with US authorities.
- Acted for a South African company pursuing a UAE based individual and two Jersey companies in relation to allegations of fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Represented a large hotel chain in ICC proceedings relating to an aged guarantee liability involving issues of Moroccan law and insolvency.
- Advised the high net worth, Saudi Arabian owners of a UAE Steel production company in DIAC proceedings relating to allegations of breach of a shareholders agreement.
- Pursued arbitration proceedings for a US engineering company for breach of contract which also involved criminal allegations.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Addleshaw Goddard (Middle East) LLP
Managing Associate, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
University of Manchester, Law