Lucy is a Managing Associate in the Mishcon Private team, specialising in immigration, asylum and human rights.
Leading on complex cases for high profile individuals, Lucy works primarily on human rights and asylum claims. She is experienced in advising on the effect for immigration applications of criminal and extradition proceedings, where these are being used as tools of political persecution. Lucy works closely with extradition lawyers for joined up strategies on these related proceedings, and where there are concerns relating to Interpol red notices affecting entry to the UK.
Lucy is a member of our cross-departmental Politics and Law Group thanks to her involvement in international protection cases for those who are politically persecuted, as well as her public law experience.
Lucy also advises on a range of other UK immigration issues and judicial review matters. She has further experience in applications to naturalise or register as a British citizen, including those of an exceptional or complex nature.
- Working with high profile and high net worth individuals on complex immigration matters, including successful grants of leave for individuals with politically motivated charges against them in their home country.
- Overturning ten year bans from entering the UK and citizenship refusals.
- The leading Associate in a successful judicial review on behalf of the Project for the Registration of Children as British Citizens, to challenge the profit-making element of fees for children to register as British.
- Advising alongside our Crime team on issues in entering the UK for individuals with suspected Interpol red notices, and informing extradition strategy based on asylum considerations.
- Working on a range of successful appeals to the Immigration Tribunal.
- Volunteering through Mishcon at Pink Law, the Black Justice Project, an asylum pro bono legal clinic, and at an organisation assisting individuals in a refugee camp in Greece. Outside of work Lucy volunteers for Asylos, an organisation which assists in providing supporting evidence for asylum and human rights claims.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Gherson
Senior Immigration Caseworker, Legal Aid Firm
BPP Law School, LPC (with distinction)
BPP Law School, GDL (commendation)
University of Glasgow, Politics MA (2.1)