Jonathan is an Associate in the Finance and Banking Disputes group, specialising in complex financial services litigation and contentious regulatory matters.
He has acted on a number of high-profile civil cases involving claims against international financial institutions. Jonathan has also worked on contentious regulatory matters across a number of jurisdictions, in particular, investigations conducted by financial services regulators in the Middle East and Europe. His experience of issues in litigation and contentious regulatory matters includes forex manipulation, market abuse, breaches of duties and perimeter breaches. Jonathan also has experience of Gambling Commission and ICO investigations.
Jonathan is a member of the Financial Services Lawyers Association and the London Solicitors Litigation Association.
- Acting for shareholders in their claims regarding the fraudulent and corrupt sale of an African bank.
- Defending an international financial institution in litigation brought by a customer concerning allegedly fraudulent payments made from their account.
- Acting for an international financial institution in defending claims that it knowingly assisted counterparties in carrying out fraudulent activity.
- Acting for individuals and a financial institution in an investigation conducted by a European regulator concerning market abuse.
- Acting for an individual in an FCA investigation regarding market abuse.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Trainee, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Durham University, LLB (Hons)