John is a litigator specialising in commercial fraud disputes, data theft, non-performing loan enforcement and cross-border asset tracing. He regularly obtains and defends against a variety of injunctions, including asset freezing orders, search orders, computer imaging orders and third party disclosure orders.
He often acts for corporates and individuals on matters which involve complex multi-jurisdictional litigation, allegations of dishonesty, breaches of fiduciary duties and the recovery of assets misappropriated by cyber fraud techniques such as hacking, malware and phishing.
John has considerable experience of cases involving the theft and recovery of confidential information and trade secrets in sectors which include recruitment, technology, consultancy and financial services. These cases regularly involve allegations that former employees have breached their restrictive covenants.
His general commercial litigation practice includes contractual, director and shareholder disputes.
John is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Frequently obtaining or opposing without notice search orders, asset freezing orders, computer imaging orders and evidence preservation orders in England and Wales and across multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience in the execution of search orders at defendants' premises.
- Experience enforcing foreign judgments in England and Wales and recovering against defendants’ assets in this jurisdiction.
- Regularly acting for employers and former employees on claims involving allegations of solicitation of clients and poaching of employees in breach of contractual obligations.
- Regularly obtaining third party disclosure orders from banks, internet service providers and mobile telephone companies to assist in locating assets.
- Securing passport orders against defendants to secure delivery up of their passports and to restrain them from leaving the country pending compliance with court orders.
- Acting for a high-net worth individual to obtain various injunctions in the Belize courts.
- Obtaining injunctions in the Isle of Man in support of ICC arbitration in London.
- Advising a client in preparation for an SFO investigation.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
BBP Law School London, Legal Practice Course
University of Manchester, Law LLB (Hons)