John is a commercial litigator specialising in civil fraud disputes, investigations and cross-border asset tracing and recovery. He regularly obtains and defends against a variety of High Court injunctions, including asset freezing orders, search orders, computer imaging orders and passport orders.
John's experience includes utilising third party disclosure orders to aid in the identification and location of assets worldwide, acting for individuals and corporates in the recovery of assets misappropriated by cyber-fraud techniques, including hacking, malware and phishing. He also advises on matters of cyber security.
John has acted on a number of cases involving the theft and recovery of confidential information and trade secrets. These cases regularly involve allegations of breaches of restrictive covenants by former employees in sectors which include the recruitment, consultancy and financial services industries.
His general commercial litigation practice includes complex commercial disputes involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, conspiracy and director and minority shareholder disputes. These matters are often multi-jurisdictional in nature.
John is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Frequently obtaining or opposing without notice search orders, asset freezing orders, computer imaging orders and evidence preservation orders in England and Wales and across multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience in the execution of search orders at defendants' premises.
- Experience enforcing foreign judgments in England and Wales and recovering against defendants’ assets in this jurisdiction.
- Regularly acting for employers and former employees on claims involving allegations of solicitation of clients and poaching of employees in breach of contractual obligations.
- Regularly obtaining third party disclosure orders from banks, internet service providers and mobile telephone companies to assist in locating assets.
- Securing passport orders against defendants to secure delivery up of their passports and to restrain them from leaving the country pending compliance with court orders.
- Acting for a high-net worth individual to obtain various injunctions in the Belize courts.
- Obtaining injunctions in the Isle of Man in support of ICC arbitration in London.
- Advising a client in preparation for an SFO investigation.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
BBP Law School London, Legal Practice Course
University of Manchester, Law LLB (Hons)