Jessica is a Managing Associate in the Immigration team with considerable expertise in advising High Net Worth individuals on their complex or contentious immigration matters.
She has considerable experience in human rights cases, asylum applications and bringing judicial review cases against the Home Office. Clients are often subject to politically motivated charges or allegations in their home country and Jessica works closely with a number of teams at the firm to ensure a streamlined approach between asylum, extradition or issues with Interpol Red notices. Jessica also assists clients with applications to remain in the UK on human rights grounds and has successfully taken these matters to the Immigration Tribunal where the Home Office have initially refused applications.
Jessica has extensive experience in assisting High Net Worth clients and their families relocating to the UK for business, investment and family life. The ultimate goal for many of these clients is to obtain British citizenship, and Jessica provides long-term strategic advice to clients to achieve this taking into consideration their future plans. Jessica has had considerable success in obtaining citizenship for clients who do not meet the absence requirement.
Given Jessica's breadth of practical experience and knowledge in various different immigration categories, she is able to develop creative solutions for individual client circumstances and can advise on all options to enter or remain in the UK.
- Successfully obtained visas for elderly parents to remain in the UK under Article 8 private life grounds and has been advising several individuals on applications to remain in the UK on the basis of their private life and risk on return to their home country.
- Overturning visa refusals and entry bans from the UK.
- Advising on appeals to the Immigration Tribunal and judicial reviews.
- Successfully arguing that discretion should be applied to citizenship applications where individuals do not meet the residence requirements.
- Obtaining indefinite leave to remain for High Net Worth clients who have high level of absences from the UK.