James is an Associate in the Trust and Succession Disputes team in the firm's Private department.
He is involved in a wide range of disputes, representing private individuals, executors and trustees on the validity of wills, the Trusts of Land, Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 and enforcement of judgments. James has experience of advising on claims for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and Court of Protection matters.
- Bathurst (Wesley) v Chantler and Ors  EWHC 21 (Ch) Representing Lady Bathurst in relation to issues of assent and construction of a trust created by a Statutory codicil
- Representing a spouse in contentious probate proceedings challenging the validity of a disputed will and recovering costs on a partial indemnity basis.
- Advising the executor and beneficiary of an estate in relation to a claim for financial provision pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975.
- Representing a partner in relation to a disputed dissolution of partnership and following judgment advising the client in relation to enforcement and a claim pursuant to section 14 of the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
- Representing executors and trustees in a claim for an account regarding the administration of an estate.
- Advising a beneficiary of a strict settlement under the Settled Land Act 1925
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Stirling Ackroyd Legal LLP
Solicitor & Trainee Solicitor, Adams Solicitors
Paralegal, Gates & Partners LLP
London Metropolitan University, LPC
University of Sheffield, Bachelor of Laws