James is a Partner in the Data Group within the Firm's Innovation Department. His work focusses on providing strategic privacy and data protection advice to technology and data rich businesses. He is known for being a pragmatic, accessible and responsive advisor in this space.
James' clients are typically fast growth suppliers of technology, looking to collect and use data in a way that's transparent, ethical and commercially successful. James also leads the firm's outsourced Data Protection Officer and EU Representative service lines.
- Designing and delivering professionally edited global privacy training to a listed business, to be viewed by >100,000 members of staff
- Completing a breached credentials compliance project for a cybersecurity client caching the Dark Net, whose technology protects airlines and household names
- Developing an email and social media marketing strategy for a national high street technology retailer with a group turnover in excess of £200m
- Advising a fraud prevention network on data residency and hosting structures with an annual transaction count in excess of 300m
- Designing a series of consent age gate challenges for a social network
- Advising life sciences companies on the anonymisation and commercialisation of clinical trial data
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Taylor Vinters LLP
Senior Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Solicitor, Michelmores LLP