Himaansu is an Associate in the Commercial Litigation Group in the Dispute Resolution Department.
He has experience advising on complex, multijurisdictional commercial disputes across a wide range of subject matters including civil fraud, contractual interpretation, negligence, and regulatory investigations. He has acted for both Claimants and Defendants across various dispute resolution mechanisms, including litigation, arbitration and adjudication. He also has experience across a range of sectors, including energy and infrastructure, financial services, and transport.
Himaansu has a particular interest in the litigation funding field, having been involved with the litigation funding initiatives at the firm and international trade, having spent time working at and with the UK Government's Department for International Trade.
- Acting for the Government of Nigeria in High Court proceedings challenging a $10 billion arbitral award in favour of a BVI company arising from a failed gas deal, on the basis that the underlying contract and the award itself were procured through fraud and corruption.
- Acting for the UK division of publisher Bonnier Books in an auditors' negligence claim against its former auditors Haysmacintyre LLP.
- Acting for a state-owned Russian bank in an LCIA arbitration involving an oil refinery and allegations of predatory lending. Represented the state-owned Russian bank in an anti-suit injunction in aid of arbitration.
- Acting for an engineering company in a private finance initiative (PFI) infrastructure dispute regarding the debt sculpting mechanism.
- Acting on a construction adjudication regarding the client's contractual entitlement to claim delay damages under FIDIC General Conditions of Contract.
- Acting for a leading retail bank in regulatory investigations brought by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Linklaters LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Linklaters LLP
University of Law, Legal Practice Course
University of Law, MSc in Law, Business and Management
London School of Economics and Political Science, BA Anthropology and Law