Eleanor is a Managing Associate in the Commercial Litigation team.
She has experience advising on high value, multi-jurisdictional, complex commercial disputes across a wide range of sectors including oil and gas, media and financial and professional services.
- Acted for AssetCo PLC who recovered c£40 million in damages, interest and costs in its auditors' negligence claim against Grant Thornton UK LLP. The claim was the subject of a 6 week trial in the summer of 2018, and was upheld by the Court of Appeal after a 3 day hearing in January 2020. This is the largest court-ordered award in the UK in respect of an auditors' negligence claim. The decision is one of the leading cases on the recovery of losses caused by an auditor's failure to detect fraud. AssetCo PLC v Grant Thornton UK LLP  EWHC 150(Comm);  EWCA Civ 151.
- Acted for the Joint Liquidators of the Patisserie Valerie group in their auditors' negligence claim for c£200 million against Grant Thornton UK LLP.
- Acted for the Claimant in a US$60 million dispute in connection with a loan agreement in an ICC arbitration.
- Acted for a respondent to an anti-suit injunction to prevent steps being taken in proceedings in the United States.
- Acted for a client in a claim against former employees for theft of confidential information, including obtaining a multi-site search order.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Davis & Co
Trainee, Davis & Co
The University of Leeds, LLB
BPP University, Legal Practice Course