Daniel is a Partner and Head of the Employment department, sitting on the management board. He is also a member of the management of Mishcon de Reya's New York office.
He works for corporates, LLPs and senior executives in contentious and non-contentious matters that range from High Court and Employment Tribunal litigation to advice on recruitment, termination, discrimination and competition issues. He has litigated many landmark cases and he is an expert on restrictive covenant enforcement, team moves, discrimination, whistleblowing and employee reorganisation and restructuring.
Daniel has made a particular name for himself in financial services, including investment banking, private equity and hedge funds, and recruitment, media and sport.
Daniel is recognised as a leading lawyer in the field. Chambers & Partners recommend him for his work with employers, and place him in the highest rank for his work with senior executives, praising his "proactive and personal advice". Included in Who's Who Legal: Management Labour and Employment 2015, Daniel also features in Spear's Best Employment Lawyers in The Spear's 500 2016 and in Super Lawyers 2015.
- Dresdner Kleinwort & Commerzbank AG v Attill & Others & Anar & Others  EWCA Civ 394 - Successfully represented 21 ex-Dresdner bankers in a highly publicised three year battle in the High Court relating to €50m in unpaid retention bonuses.
- Pimlico Plumbers v Mr G Smith – Acted for the company in the Employment Appeal Tribunal in a matter concerning employee and worker status.
- Pimlico Plumbers v Service Corps  No HC09CO252 – Successfully represented the company in a conspiracy and information theft case.
- Fish & Others v Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd  IRLR 1035 - Successfully represented the claimants in a landmark City bonus case.
- Steven Horkulak v Cantor Fitzgerald  IRLR 756 – Successfully acted for the claimants in a landmark constructive dismissal, bullying and City bonus case.
- Daniel represents many companies, particularly in the financial services and recruitment area, which he has represented in the High Court and at Employment Tribunals in relation to team moves, restrictive covenant issues, discrimination and whistleblowing and to which he provides general advice.
- Daniel has for many years advised football clubs in relation to their employment law matters.
- Daniel leads the team acting as the sole employment advisors to Cancer Research UK, advising them on the full spectrum of employment law from day to day HR advisory to Employment Tribunal litigation.
- Daniel represents a number of FTSE 100 & 250 CEOs and directors, partners in hedge funds, Premiership football managers and players, advising them on their contracts, termination and career issues.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya