Ashley Williams is a Partner and co-leads our Technology Transactions Group. He is a technology lawyer specialising in non-contentious technology and data protection matters. He works with high-growth tech companies and multinational corporations, helping them exploit technology assets and navigate data protection issues.
Ashley has extensive experience representing clients on technology matters across diverse industries with a particular focus on AI and machine learning and advising clients on the launch of new cloud services to market.
Ashley regularly works on matters with a cross border element and advises a number of international clients on UK and EU activity.
- Advising a leading cloud-based document management system provider on the implementation of OpenAI APIs into existing product offerings
- Advising an autonomous vehicle company on the regulatory and data protection compliance requirements for self driving cars
- Advising on the development of customer engagement terms for a cloud service provider focused on making GPT-4 faster, cheaper and more effective
- Advising an AI robotics company in respect of live trial use cases for robots and drone deliveries with third party customers
- Advising an AI security company on the data protection implications of creating derivative data sets of raw CCTV footage and licensing their solutions to large enterprise customers
- Advising an AI solutions provider on the launch and roll out of their carbon intelligence platform across 3 key jurisdictions
- Advising a cloud AI video analytics company on the development of an insurance backed guarantee against the accuracy of its solutions
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Taylor Vinters LLP
Senior Associate, Withers LLP
Senior Associate, JAG Shaw Baker LLP
Associate, Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP
Associate, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
Jurisprudence (law), University of Oxford (Worcester College)