Anju is a Partner in the Real Estate department.
She has over 20 years' experience specialising in investment, development funding and property development work for a range of clients across all sectors in the real estate industry including retail, offices, hotels, residential (including student accommodation), industrial and logistic sectors. Anju also specialises in development pre-lettings.
Anju has an established reputation and track record with clients for understanding and project managing portfolio and complex acquisitions and disposals. Her clients appreciate her driven and proactive approach to closing deals.
She has acted for a broad spectrum of clients including institutional investors, publicly quoted and private property companies, property funds, property developers, financial institutions, overseas investors, high net worth individuals, retailers and corporate occupiers.
Legal 500 2022 notes that Anju "creates a very constructive relationship with clients" and "goes far beyond the call of duty to ensure all client needs are attended to".
- PBSA Development Funding: Acting for a student accommodation operator in relation to the acquisition and development funding of student accommodation sites.
- Hotel Development Funding: Acting for a developer in relation to the sale and development funding of a hotel site.
- Logistics/Industrial: Advising an overseas REIT on a series of investment acquisitions and development fundings of distribution warehouses including development pre-lettings to well-known distribution companies.
- Corporate Real Estate/Town Centre Re-generation: Acting for a listed property company in relation to their corporate acquisition of a retail town centre (incorporating offices and housing). Subsequent financing with two financial institutions followed by a corporate disposal of the asset.
- Corporate Occupiers: Acting for a high end fashion retailer in relation to relocating their existing business premises and delivering new high profile central London retail units with an initial rent of over £2.25m.
- Investment Acquisitions and Disposals: Acting for a listed property company on a number of high value portfolio acquisitions and disposals.
- Multi-let Industrial: Acting for a fund in relation to a portfolio acquisition of industrial units.
- Central London Offices: Acting for a listed property company in relation to an acquisition and subsequent financing of a multi-let office building in London including ongoing advice on development and asset management matters.
- Mixed Use Schemes: Acting for a listed property company in relation to an investment disposal of a mixed use retail, offices and residential scheme.
- Development: Advising overseas investors in relation to a proposed development of a retail park including a potential relocation of a football club, working with the local Council in relation to the proposed development and entering into option agreements with adjoining landowners.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Dentons UK and Middle East LLP
Partner, Maclay Murray & Spens LLP (now merged with Dentons)
Partner, Semple Fraser LLP
Director, Semple Fraser LLP
Assistant, Lawrence Graham LLP
Qualified, Nathan Silman
College of Law,Legal Practice Course (Distinction and awarded the Robert Leyland Prize)
Brunel University, LLB Law