Anita is a Partner and Head of Planning in the Real Estate department. The Planning team advises leading commercial and residential property developers, property companies, investment funds and high net worth individuals on a broad range of planning matters.
Anita advises clients on strategic planning approaches to maximise value, create flexibility and minimise risk and development costs. She finds solutions to complex planning issues and regularly advises on planning appeals and challenges; planning, highway and development agreements; community infrastructure levy; assets of community value; planning policy; environmental impact assessments; listed buildings; planning enforcement; town and village greens; CPOs; certificates of lawfulness; and other public law matters.
Anita is referred to as 'totally dependable, highly analytical and insightful' in Chambers and Partners 2019. Legal 500 2018 describe her as is ‘very experienced and excellent with clients’.
She is also described as having "fantastic technical planning knowledge, commercial awareness, effectiveness and great client service" in Chambers and Partners 2018.
- Acting for Fenton Whelan on a high end residential development overlooking Hyde Park on Bayswater Road
- Acting for Auriens on an extra care development in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Advising a development company on all planning aspects relating to a change of use of Grade 1 and Grade II* listed buildings within a Grade II* registered historic park together with new 'paragraph 55' dwellings
- Acting for CapCo in relation to its Covent Garden developments
- Acting for Dukelease Property on permitted development rights to secure a change of use from an office tower to residential at a site within the London Borough of Brent
- Acting for a private developer on a major mixed used development scheme in the London Borough of Southwark
- Advising Chinese property developers on the acquisition and development of a strategic housing site in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on the planning constraints, parameters, strategy and related issues of its investment in a £330m facility at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus as its new UK based global research and development centre
- Advising a leading housebuilder on the calculation of chargeable development and securing social housing and charitable relief from the Community Infrastructure Levy
- Advising a purchaser on a £30m acquisition of part of land benefiting from outline planning permission and the associated disaggregation of planning obligations and other planning liabilities and risks
Partner and Head of Planning, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner and Head of Planning, DAC Beachcroft LLP
Senior Associate, RPC LLP
Senior Associate, Freshfield Bruckhaus Deringer
Senior Associate, Dentons