Anita is a Partner and Head of Planning in the Real Estate department. The Planning team advises leading commercial and residential property developers, property companies, investment funds and high net worth individuals on a broad range of planning matters.
Anita and her team find solutions to complex planning issues and regularly advise on planning appeals and challenges; planning, highway and development agreements; community infrastructure levy; assets of community value; planning policy; environmental impact assessments; listed buildings; planning enforcement; town and village greens; CPOs; certificates of lawfulness; and public law matters.
Chambers 2016 comments that she "takes a holistic approach to a complicated problem." Anita has been also been ranked in Planning Magazine's list of top 50 solicitors.
- Advising the Skelmersdale Limited Partnership on their Court of Appeal challenge of the planning consent granted for the regeneration of Skelmersdale town centre;
- Advising a private developer on their planning application for a major mixed used development scheme in the London Borough of Southwark;
- Advising O&H Properties on the redevelopment of property at Bond Street in the City of Westminster;
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on the planning constraints, parameters, strategy and related issues of their investment in a £330m facility at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus as its new UK based global research and development centre.
- Advising on the environmental impact assessment and planning matters relating to a 33 storey residential tower development in the London Borough of Hackney.
- Advising a leading housebuilder on the calculation of chargeable development and securing social housing and charitable relief from the Community Infrastructure Levy.
- Advising a local community group on the listing of land as an Asset of Community Value.
- Advising a purchaser on a £30m acquisition of part of land benefiting from outline planning permission and the associated disaggregation of planning obligations and other planning liabilities and risks.
Partner and Head of Planning, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner and Head of Planning, DAC Beachcroft LLP
Senior Associate, RPC LLP
Senior Associate, Freshfield Bruckhaus Deringer
Senior Associate, Dentons