Neil is a Managing Associate in Mishcon Private, specialising in business immigration law.
Neil advises both employers and employees on all aspects of business immigration including Tier 2 sponsor licence applications, Tier 2 and Tier 5 visa applications, sole representative visas, TUPE, Share Sales and M&A deals.
He also has strong focus on guiding employers through the raft of sponsorship general compliance issues and Home Office audits.
Neil has particular expertise working within the financial services sector, having represented leading US investment banks. Being very 'deal focused', Neil is closely engaged with clients and colleagues on corporate transactions (acquisitions or divestures) relating to change of ownership, global restructurings, change of employment, taxation issues and their impact upon sponsored employees working in the UK.
Neil has an established understanding of working with clients in the Asian markets, having spent two years working across China, Nepal and India advising on private and corporate UK immigration matters.
As part of a public campaign led by Joanna Lumley, Neil spent several years advocating the rights to reside in the UK for current and former Gurkha members of the British military.
- Former clients have included blue chip companies, business executives, HNW foreign investors and top-flight sports persons
- Advising on all aspects of corporate immigration and solutions for businesses seeking to establish a UK footprint
- Advising on all aspects of sole representatives of overseas business applications and Tier 2 Sponsorship
- Advising on Tier 2 sponsorship licence obligations post acquisition or divesture
- Advising on immigration considerations during TUPE or similar transfer of employment provisions for sponsored workers
- Leading HR professionals on employee moves (including Senior Executives and VIP level) under the Points Based System (PBS)
- Advising companies on the design, implementation and maintenance of their sponsorship compliance programs and practices
- Providing technical advice on complex UK immigration, nationality and EEA applications
- Worked in Nepal advising on the rights of settlements in the UK for former British Gurkha veterans, as part of the Gurkha Justice campaign led by Joanna Lumley
- Advised on the leading and winning case before the Court of Appeal, establishing the settlement rights in the UK of the adult dependent children of former British Gurkha veterans
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- Delivering training to HR professionals on PBS and UK immigration law
- Guest speaker on ‘Immigration Law in Business’ at the UK200 Group Annual Conference in Edinburgh
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
Solicitor, Howe & Co
Trainee Solicitor, Howe & Co
The College of Law,LPC
University of Brighton, LLB (Hons) in Law with Business