Jessica Williams is a Managing Associate in the Insolvency team in the litigation department with almost 10 years' experience advising insolvency practitioners, corporate entities, individuals and secured and unsecured lenders.
Jessica has experience across contentious and non-contentious aspects of insolvency, providing advice to both creditors and debtors. She regularly advises insolvency practitioners throughout the course of their appointments from outset through to conclusion.
She acts for insolvency practitioners pursuing officeholder (and other) claims under the Insolvency Act, as well as acting for defendants in the defence of those claims. She provides commercial and pragmatic advice to clients, taking in account the broader picture and ultimate aims of the clients for which she works.
Jessica also has experience with cross-border insolvency litigation and recoveries and was heavily involved in the administration of a large Bahraini Bank in her previous role.
- Jessica was heavily involved in the administration of a Bahraini Bank with balance sheet assets of c.$6bn. Jessica managed creditors’ claims (which exceed US$2bn) and secondary debt trades as well as being involved with the review of extensive security and banking documents and matters pertaining to the recognition of the External Administrators' appointment by the Swiss banking authorities.
- Lead associate for one of the successful respondents in the reported case of Darren Edwards (Trustee in Bankruptcy of Jagdev Singh Wasu) v Aurora Leasing Ltd 2021 EWHC 96 (Ch).
- Advising directors of a business (including associated parent companies and subsidiary companies) suffering financial difficulties and considering their insolvency options.
- Advising a Liquidator in relation to a claim for wrongful trading, misfeasance and other actions pursuant to the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Acting for a Trustee in Bankruptcy in relation to an application for possession and sale of a bankrupt’s jointly owned property.
- Advising an individual director of a company in liquidation as to his obligations under s236 of the Insolvency Act.
- Acting for a regulatory body in respect of disciplinary proceedings brought against an insolvency practitioner and advising on the ability to disclose documentation provided anonymously under a whistleblowing policy.
- Acting for an Irish bank in relation to the recovery of funds under a multi-million euro personal guarantee from an individual with a number of properties in England.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Charles Russell Speechlys
De Montfort University, LPC
De Montfort University, GDL
University of Birmingham, Psychology BSC